watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's our wage ceiling...?

Started by Tktd, May 16, 2011, 03:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

A lot is being said about whether we take on certain players or not this summer/ keep them on etc...

I was wondering if anyone knew our wage cap at the club and what it is at the moment?!

If we get into Europe we'll need everyone we have at the club bar one or two of the fringe players like Eddie Johnson etc...

My reasoning also falls under the mindset that if we get into europe and we want to try our hand at the league and have a comfortable run in the FA and Carling cups (something as Roy showed is very achievable with good squad rotation) then how much do we HAVE to offload wage wise to bring in more/better players? How many fringe players do we HAVE to get rid of!?

White Noise

I believe that Zamora is on £50k a week and AJ on £45k a week as the two highest earners.

elgreenio

wouldn't say we have to offload anything wage wise, and could probably add to it. Its more a case of replacing the squad players who aren't up to scratch (baby riise, Dikgacoi, EJ etc etc) with some more astute signings.

As White noise says our cap seems to be 50k (Zamora, Hangeland) with a few around that mark (AJ, Duff) and the majority in the 20-30k bracket
touch my camera through the fence

Admin

I don't even think Zamora is on £50k a week it's more like £40-£45k and I know that AJ took a volentary pay cut whilst having all that time out.

Tom

Isn't Dempsey around 40K a week?
Fulham for life!