News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr...ferguson gets go ahead to field weakened team..more double standards?

Started by jarv, May 17, 2011, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Ironically against Blackpool, which was fined 25000 quid when they did it.

I expect Wigan and Birmingham will be none too pleased :tom:

How can the league justify this?

I have said before, managers should field anyone they want from their squad but the league set the precedent when they fined Blackpool and Wolves. A real bunch of chimps running english football or what? :airfix:

AlFayedsChequebook

If I didn't laugh, I would cry.

The double standard are amazing.

Lighthouse

Sad that a Europen final is considered so important as to be able to change the rules for the Prem. So when Blackpool consider playing a weakened team it is cheating but not so for the mighty United. Whose weakened team, admittedly would still be able to finish most seasons higher than most other clubs. If we ever needed reminding, the top clubs have an unfair advantage.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 17, 2011, 12:32:59 PM
Sad that a Europen final is considered so important as to be able to change the rules for the Prem. So when Blackpool consider playing a weakened team it is cheating but not so for the mighty United. Whose weakened team, admittedly would still be able to finish most seasons higher than most other clubs. If we ever needed reminding, the top clubs have an unfair advantage.

It would seem that things are moving in the direction of the mooted and much derided European Super League.

If it happens, good riddance to the barstewards!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sw9white

Ridiculous that because of who is in the bigger clubs squads they are not considered weakened. Disgusting double standards shown for the big boys.

Ironically Blackpool won't be kicking and screaming about double standards this time!

Burt

Agree with all this double standards stuff.

But I am quietly hoping that Blackpool will benefit, do the unexpected, and stay up...

EdenRob

Quote from: Burt on May 17, 2011, 01:18:09 PM
Agree with all this double standards stuff.

But I am quietly hoping that Blackpool will benefit, do the unexpected, and stay up...

I also hope that they stay up; our trip to Blackpool was great last year.

TheDaddy

The injustice  ! its bloody annoying i wont say any more as i will be banned for the four letter triad i would throw at the Fa
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Tom

Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

It's not absurd that Man Untied aren't being fined, it's absurd that Blackpool (and Wolves) were fined.

Man United have literally nothing left to play for in the league, and coming up they have the most important game in club football against the World's best team. What do you expect them to do? Whoever plays for Man United, they're hardly going to bust a gut, and there's nothing unless the FA can do unless they introduce a fine for "not trying hard enough" (I can think of a few times we'd have been on the end of that one...).

Whether it's sad or not (I don't think it is) the European Cup is more important than any league.

Tom

Quote from: TheDaddy on May 17, 2011, 09:36:53 PM
The injustice  ! its bloody annoying i wont say any more as i will be banned for the four letter triad i would throw at the Fa
I know how you feel Daddy.
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

In any case - Manchester United have the best home record in the league and Blackpool, are, well, a bit rubbish (18 losses so far).

If Blackpool win I'll officially change my name to Charlie Adam Is Not That Kind Of Player.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Life is not fair .................besides isn't this what makes the run in exciting ?????.......................so it Boalix
.....................I bet they all wish they were playing United  :005: and would Brum Wolves  or Wigan change places with Blackpool at the start of the season >>>???

Besides  I hope Wolves and Brum go down
much prefer to see Blackpool stay up

ImperialWhite

AND, finally, was anybody here complaining that the sanctity of the Barclay's Premier League was being violated when Liverpool came to town fielding NINE CHANGES! (back in 2006-2007 season)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6602879.stm

Without that win against a despicably weakened Liverpool side we'd have gone down at the expense of Sheffield United...

But oh yes, let's not let facts or a balanced view get in the way of our bipolar view of the World -

So, down with this kind of thing  :014: :014: :014: :014: :014:

The Bronsons

Always want to criticise ManUre, but hey, the villains here are the Premier League (not, for once, the FA) with their stupid, unenforced, unenforceable rules.

Go Blackpool!

Jimbobob

:023: :023: :023:
I guess no one remembers the Liverpool game a few seasons ago under LS and us winning against a Liverpool team of reservers and the Clint scoring the winning goal????????
I guess that was okay right????? :dft008: :dft008: :dft008:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

HatterDon

Quote from: Jimbobob on May 18, 2011, 05:26:35 AM
I guess no one remembers the Liverpool game a few seasons ago under LS and us winning against a Liverpool team of reservers and the Clint scoring the winning goal????????

I remember that SEVEN of Liverpool's starting XI featured in the Champions League Final. Let's not get carried away with the "ream of reserves" nonsense in this case.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on May 18, 2011, 05:35:42 AM
Quote from: Jimbobob on May 18, 2011, 05:26:35 AM

I remember that SEVEN of Liverpool's starting XI featured in the Champions League Final. Let's not get carried away with the "ream of reserves" nonsense in this case.

Okay lets not go "nonsense" but he did field a less than full strength squad, I am just saying it has worked to our advantage and as stupid as the rules and the enforcement is it comes down to who it benefits as to why this whole thing can be such a joke....that's all I am saying!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Rupert

Didn't we play a less than full strength team against Arsenal last season, just before a European final? I seem to recall an imbecillic commentator trilling that Roy Hogson must be regretting making so many changes as we conceded the fourth goal. I seem to recall most of us didn't feel that upset.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...Jimbobob, of course we didn't complain about the Liverpool game, and as said the Liverpool team selected should have been good enough to beat a Fulham team that had lost all heart, the press and Colin made a meal of that as it was Fulham who stood to gain - had it been WHU the press would have put a positive spin on the win.

Anyway, the point is that this latest decision is one of many that have benefitted the big clubs, the FA and premiership set precedents against wolves and Blackpool this season, but as ever they flout their own rulings in favour of their darlings, man ure...double standards, but what should we expect from the corrupt ruliing authorities of the game...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC