watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Have Biggest Prem Gate Increase

Started by White Noise, May 18, 2011, 09:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/coyle-factor-boosts-bolton-home-attendances-1637351

Coyle factor boosts Bolton home attendances

17.05.11 | tribalfootball.com

Bolton Wanderers have enjoyed an increased home gate this season.

Average attendances at the Reebok Stadium are expected to top 23,000 for the first time in four years.

Only Fulham have shown a greater gate increase than Wanderers, who are currently reporting a 3.65 per cent rise in crowd figures with one game remaining this season.

That will increase with the visit of neighbours Manchester City next weekend, with a full house swelling average attendances to their biggest number since the club last qualified for Europe.

"This year we have to recognise that performances on the field have been turned around," Bolton chief executive Alan Duckworth told the Bolton News. "Everyone sees the fantastic job Owen and his team have done.

"The fans have responded well this last 12 months and we're one of the few Premier League clubs who can boast an increase in average attendances.

"That's a fantastic achievement considering where we were, boosted by how we play.

"I think it's also been helped because the club have tried to recognise the economic difficulties and kept ticket pricing sensible."

elgreenio

cant say i'm surprised to see it off the back of the Europa year, lets just hope we've done enough to convince those to carry on next year
touch my camera through the fence

Tktd

Quote from: elgreenio on May 18, 2011, 09:37:53 AM
cant say i'm surprised to see it off the back of the Europa year, lets just hope we've done enough to convince those to carry on next year

With our home form strong throughout the season apart from the two thrashings and the impressive second half of the season under our belt I would think we've done enough. People, not just Fulham fans through and through but people who've just jumped on board are becoming increasingly proud of the club, can only bode well, especially if we do get europe next season.

This club has stuck to the fundamentals and maintained a down to earth ethos around the club, known for being friendly and family orientated and thanks to Al Fayed never employing anyone who didn't play football properly we're now on an uphill path, one which I hope leads to the top of Everest, with a solid foundation.

Hodgsons era was and will always be the catalyst for this change and hopefully Sparky will mean we only look upwards and onward from now on... times are good.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tktd

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 18, 2011, 11:33:10 AM
We're gonna need a bigger ground!

How long does planning permission last for?....

For instance if we succeeded in getting planning permission for that stadium before will is still be valid or do we have to reapply?!

Also, think they shouldn't touch the Johnny Haynes Stand... Make the riverside, putney and hammersmith two tiered... that'd be amazing.

But how can we develop the cottage to be in keeping with the Johnny Haynes stand and our family and historical based ethos... that's a challenge and a half.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Tktd on May 18, 2011, 11:48:27 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 18, 2011, 11:33:10 AM
We're gonna need a bigger ground!

How long does planning permission last for?....

For instance if we succeeded in getting planning permission for that stadium before will is still be valid or do we have to reapply?!

Also, think they shouldn't touch the Johnny Haynes Stand... Make the riverside, putney and hammersmith two tiered... that'd be amazing.

But how can we develop the cottage to be in keeping with the Johnny Haynes stand and our family and historical based ethos... that's a challenge and a half.

Not sure on that one. The club have maintained that they are not going to redevelop in the close season this year (and even if they did they'd have to get it done in about 2 weeks!). There have to be options to fill in the corners, redevelop the Riverside and add extra seating to the Putney and Hammersmith. I doubt they'd be able to do a multiple tier though because of the height restrictions in place..

Have I just opened up a can of worms?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

LordFloyd

you have 5 years from when permission is granted to start something 'material', so basically we would just need to dig a trench, I think the scheme then has to finished within the next 2(?) years

TonyGilroy

The reality is that we could edge up to around 30K but that's hardly worth doing considering likely cost and potential extra income. Planning and logistical issues pretty much limit us to that.

To become a bigger club must involve a 40K plus stadium and that's not going to be at Craven Cottage and therefore unacceptable to large numbers of supporters. Plus there's nowhere affordable to build it in our part of London.

Burt

Being realistic, we're not a 40k club.

Particularly with Chelsea and QPR on our doorstep.

30k would be more realistic.

mrska

They has been some really clever marketing and campaigns which have helped.
Its great having a full house  nearly every game..

Also its nice to see The Neutral areas full of mainly Fulham fans rather than off the cuff visitors.

finnster01

Quote from: mr_ska on May 18, 2011, 01:39:51 PM

Also its nice to see The Neutral areas full of mainly Fulham fans rather than off the cuff visitors.
Except against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea where they still sit even in the Hammersmith end. Didn't witness it this season as I wasn't over, but the last 6 years that was the same old story and the stewards were more busy telling Fulham fans to sit down than getting rid of the away fans.  :035: My mates tells me nothing has changed on that front. Probably never will until someone gets hurt unfortunately.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

Quote from: finnster01 on May 18, 2011, 01:49:03 PM

Except against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea where they still sit even in the Hammersmith end. Didn't witness it this season as I wasn't over, but the last 6 years that was the same old story and the stewards were more busy telling Fulham fans to sit down than getting rid of the away fans.  :035: My mates tells me nothing has changed on that front. Probably never will until someone gets hurt unfortunately.

Very true Finnster.. there are about 20 stewards that stand at the side of H1 where i sit..  and they do nothing apart from make sure the bottle top is off your coke and you dont step over the yellow line with a beer. Against Liverpool when there were problems, they just stood untill members of the crowd started asking what they were going to do about it.  I think most of them just come for there pay cheque...and not expect to actually do the job.

MJG

I have a ST in the putney end and believe me the vast majority of fans in that end are tourists or away fans.many many off the cuff visitors in my opinion.
Away fans around me has not been much if an issue apart from the usual suspects.
My view is that while it is great to have a full stadium, we are no where near 25K fulham FANS who would turn up week by week. A lot of special deals have led to the gates we het for most games and then you have derbys and also the big teams.
Once the club is at a position of not having to sell a couple of a thousand seats for a fiver I will agree we need to expand. At the moment its a no from me, and I also think it would be Good for most fans to sit in or  even watch the putney end for one game to realise why I say all this.

Tktd

Quote from: MJG on May 18, 2011, 02:35:54 PM

I have a ST in the putney end and believe me the vast majority of fans in that end are tourists or away fans.many many off the cuff visitors in my opinion.
Away fans around me has not been much if an issue apart from the usual suspects.
My view is that while it is great to have a full stadium, we are no where near 25K fulham FANS who would turn up week by week. A lot of special deals have led to the gates we het for most games and then you have derbys and also the big teams.
Once the club is at a position of not having to sell a couple of a thousand seats for a fiver I will agree we need to expand. At the moment its a no from me, and I also think it would be Good for most fans to sit in or  even watch the putney end for one game to realise why I say all this.

Apprently on facebook there are 36,000 and I have a few friends who support Fulham who aren't included in that number... Think with evry year we do well (Europa League etc) the more we'll attract. Don't forget Fulham used to have 40,000 people watching games, no reason why that can't happen again, especially when people get born every minute and gettthat age in London where they are choosing teams - why not Fulham!? Especially if we're a good club in the top 10!...?!

The Equalizer

We had over 30,000 people in Hamburg.

Rupert

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 18, 2011, 04:06:33 PM

...and less than 16,000 for Peterborough in the Cup. That is probably a closer indicator of how large our "core" support is right now, without the glamour of Premiership or European opposition, and not bad at all considering it was probably as low as 4,000 only fifteen years ago. New supporters take time to breed and a 40k stadium is a long way in the future, until then let's welcome the tourists, they help pay the bills and spread the gospel.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Rupert on May 18, 2011, 10:09:34 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 18, 2011, 04:06:33 PM

...and less than 16,000 for Peterborough in the Cup. That is probably a closer indicator of how large our "core" support is right now, without the glamour of Premiership or European opposition, and not bad at all considering it was probably as low as 4,000 only fifteen years ago. New supporters take time to breed and a 40k stadium is a long way in the future, until then let's welcome the tourists, they help pay the bills and spread the gospel.

Agree. And let's not forget how depressing it is to have 6000 spare seats for a match. Bolton at home on a Wednesday. Even with give-aways we'd struggle to get more than 24k, which looks impressive in the present stadium, but not so good in a 30k soooper dome!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

FatFreddysCat