Main Menu

Salcido May Leave But Sparky Doesn't Want Him To

Started by White Noise, May 20, 2011, 10:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Mark Hughes makes Carlos Salcido admission

By Jacob Murtagh

May 20 2011

MARK Hughes admits defender Carlos Salcido could leave Fulham in the summer.

The wantaway left-back has failed to settle in London since his switch from PSV Eindhoven last year, with his family moving back to Mexico following a robbery at their home in the capital.

And boss Hughes admits they may be forced to let the 31-year-old quit Craven Cottage.

He said: "The situation is his family haven't been able to settle. There was a robbery at his home and his family have gone back to Mexico.

"Carlos has got that to deal with but hopefully the club resolve it to a positive conclusion in terms of him being able to stay.

"If that still is a problem he may have to look at his options back home. We understand that.

"We have to protect our own position. There's a lot of dialogue going on but it's up in the air at the moment."

The Whites manager has been linked with a string of left-backs should Salcido depart, but insists Paul Konchesky is not on his list of targets.

Hughes added: "We have to look at alternatives."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/05/20/mark-hughes-makes-carlos-salcido-admission-82029-28734549/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1MvdTyGnN

ron

Cheerio Carlos. We want people here who want to be here. Anyone who doesn't won't be giving 100%.

HatterDon

I had no idea his habitation had been robbed.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Hope he stays and like the fact that the door is still open for him. He shoud of locked it which could have stopped the robbery. But please Sal, you are a breath of fresh air. That's because you left the window open. Lock it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

clint23

Hope he leaves, one of the worst defenders in the Prem this year in my opinion, and, as for alternatives, we have, JP, Baird, Kelly, Briggs, Hughes can play right-back, and we even can get Konchesky back.

luckykat

The problem is most opposing wingers rob him every week.

BalDrick

Got to have sympathy for the lad if the story is correct. He's not been great but our defence is the second best in the league (or is that just away?), so he must have been doing something right.

That said, looking at strengthening the team, I'm bound to say his is one of the first positions to be looked at - not a hugely expensive problem area to resolve either, in comparison to another striker and the new Danny Murphy (which I see as basically the only other areas that really need attention). Most other positions are basically strength in depth.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

clint23

FatFreddysCat

Yeah makes sense to go back to crime free Mexico, no trouble there what so ever  :032: . And good to see him go, i thought he looked World class the first couple of games, now i wouldn't pick him for my Fulham Middx team  :038:

richie17

As noted elsewhere, I reckon he'd be excellent in his second season, full-backs who can cross like that simply don't exist.  People go on about his defending but I reckon it's been okay, especially when you consider the lack of cover.

ron

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 21, 2011, 11:02:41 AM
Yeah makes sense to go back to crime free Mexico, no trouble there what so ever  :032: . And good to see him go, i thought he looked World class the first couple of games, now i wouldn't pick him for my Fulham Middx team  :038:

Agree FFC. He flattered to deceive the first few games...I think he's been picked on the strength of his early form far too often.

MrFFC

I hope he stays he a decent LB yes not the best in the world and had few dodgy games but overall he been a good signing. Him and Dempsey on the left doesn't work when Greening or Davies play there infront of him he is good and can get forward. I hope he stays. If he does go i say no to Konchesky and would like to see us sign Stephen Warnock.
Come on you Whites!! :)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MrFFC on May 21, 2011, 11:49:13 AM
I hope he stays he a decent LB yes not the best in the world and had few dodgy games but overall he been a good signing. Him and Dempsey on the left doesn't work when Greening or Davies play there infront of him he is good and can get forward. I hope he stays. If he does go i say no to Konchesky and would like to see us sign Stephen Warnock.
Warnock would be a top signing  :54:

Irelands_number1

Full backs who can cross like what?
are you having 1?
his distribution is almost as bad as his defending!
GET RID

FFCSteve

So who would like Konch back?

Not me:  1
Me:        0
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FFCSteve on May 21, 2011, 06:26:45 PM
So who would like Konch back?

Not me:  1
Me:        0
No , but he's better than the Mexican whoe's scared about crime ridden England  :doh: