watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Salcido . . Hope he stays!

Started by MrFFC, May 21, 2011, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

He is not a bad left back i don't know why your all on his back yes he has had a few bad games but always when team gets hammered playing poorly so not just him, he has played his part in a lot of clean sheets he isn't the best left back in the world but he gives good balance down the left him and Dempsey doesn't work him and Davies does he needs someone who works back. I hope he stays and if he does go which i think he will i do not want to see Konchesky back i would like Stephen Warnock anyone else agree?
Come on you Whites!! :)

HatterDon

I agree. I think he's been a significant upgrade over Konchesky -- who hasn't exactly set the nPower Championship alive this season. He's made a few goals and gives us more dimension in attack, and his defense has not been bad. I think many of his detractors base their disdain on seeing 5-10 minutes of highlights.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: HatterDon on May 21, 2011, 02:21:11 PM
I agree. I think he's been a significant upgrade over Konchesky -- who hasn't exactly set the nPower Championship alive this season. He's made a few goals and gives us more dimension in attack, and his defense has not been bad. I think many of his detractors base their disdain on seeing 5-10 minutes of highlights.
I agree 100% but I think the writting is on the wall, after the robbery at his house and the family going back to Mexico, I can't see him staying.

jarv

I too would like to see him stay.  Robbery at his house? Where does he live, Catford? Lewisham? :005:

Mr Fulham

He's 31 and I don't want to wait another season to have a solid guy there. Tbh, I think we need either Figueiroa or a British player. Warnock, Bridge, Konch are all up for grabs and I think Salcido has personal reasons so no need in keeping him.

He's made a few goals

No, he hasn't, tbh.

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on May 21, 2011, 05:02:20 PM
I too would like to see him stay.  Robbery at his house? Where does he live, Catford? Lewisham? :005:
I heard he lives upstairs from the WayOutClub ()
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LordNelson

Seems a bit ironic to me:  leaving England for Mexico because of criminal activity.  :hook:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

helgell

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 21, 2011, 05:53:52 PM
He's 31 and I don't want to wait another season to have a solid guy there. Tbh, I think we need either Figueiroa or a British player. Warnock, Bridge, Konch are all up for grabs and I think Salcido has personal reasons so no need in keeping him.

He's made a few goals

No, he hasn't, tbh.
He hasn't scored but has provided two assists, and I can remember seeing some crosses from him that shold have been converted.
Personally I think he has been stronger attacking than defending, but I don't see why so many want to get rid of him. An upgrade on the position if possible, but not a priority. Plus Sparky seems to rate him highly, and if Salcido plays the way the manager want's him to play it why mess with his system?

HatterDon

Quote from: helgell on May 21, 2011, 06:06:34 PM

He's made a few goals

No, he hasn't, tbh.
He hasn't scored but has provided two assists, and I can remember seeing some crosses from him that shold have been converted.
Personally I think he has been stronger attacking than defending, but I don't see why so many want to get rid of him. An upgrade on the position if possible, but not a priority. Plus Sparky seems to rate him highly, and if Salcido plays the way the manager want's him to play it why mess with his system?

Because Salcido is a Mexican and Hughes is Welsh. Whereas Roy and Konch are both English.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on May 21, 2011, 09:54:17 PM

He's made a few goals

No, he hasn't, tbh.

Because Salcido is a Mexican and Hughes is Welsh. Whereas Roy and Konch are both English.
Hughes being Welsh dosen't help. but to honest i think he's going to be great for us, Looking forward to next season already, but not expecting no Euro early start fecked us up comments.play the youth, ressies if we get through, great, if not i'll be pissed off, but can understand it . "were all going on a European ntour"

Mr Fulham

He's made a few goals

No, he hasn't, tbh.

His defensive approach is insufficent and simply not Premiership standard. His crosses are good, agreed, but as we don't have two Peter Crouchs up front this is not enough. We're not playing the cross/header combination that much. We're a passing side and his technique is horrific, too. All in all he hasn't been up for it this season and the "could be next season" argument is a bit too soft - mind you, we're talking about a 31-year old with homesickness.

I don't think that Sparky does rate him highly, to be honest. But Sparky isn't daft, is he? He sees that he doesn't have a real alternative as Baird is needed at RB and Briggs isn't ready yet.

Snibbo

Yes, I like him. He has put in many great crosses over the season. Has a great shot on him.  How about a 40 yarder from him against the Arse, to finish off the season.