watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Summer Aims

Started by zzamora, May 22, 2011, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

1) Clear out deadwood. Pantsil,Salcido, Kelly,Digacoi, Riise its been nice knowing you.

2) Build our youth team up a bit more...wilfred zaha?

3) Get in quality players for weak areas-Hutton for Right back, Back up for briggs at left back, a quality replacment for muprhs and a decent back up striker.

Have a ball and enjoy yourself guys!  :beer:

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Finn get a grip,we get it,you think we threw the Europa league,do you really have to post this on every thread?

Yarden

Tom

Quote from: Yarden on May 22, 2011, 07:00:50 PM
Get Charlie Adam;)
Yes! That would be the first thing to do in my book.
Fulham for life!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

won't happen,he'll be off to Liverpool or Spurs

Tonywa

Charlie Adam will want European football!!!!

Dugliss

Quote from: Tonywa on May 22, 2011, 07:18:47 PM

Stay where he is then

TheInsider

I think we'll get two new full-backs, both coming straight in to the first team, and a striker, probably back-up. And if the oppurtunity for another quality addition presents itself then it will probably be taken considering we will get roughly £20million for players.

clint23

Quote from: Dugliss on May 22, 2011, 07:52:50 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on May 22, 2011, 07:18:47 PM

Stay where he is then

Haha, you got that right, if Blackpool qualify for Europe, why he would leave them for Fulham?

Jack Fulham

Think Charlie Adam will be out of our reach. David Vaughan on the other hand is a handy players with a decent left foot and he's leaving Blackpool on a free after deciding not to renew his contract. Welsh as well so you could see Hughes going for him.

PokerMatt

Charlie Adam - fantastic with a set piece, but I really don't think he suits our style, or even a lot of the top clubs'. If you look at his Chalkboards after most games his passes are diagonal, long, Hollywood balls. He's Blackpool's key man because their fast paced, direct game requires the wings to be opened up with these passes. We, though are more direct under Hughes, still build up a lot through the middle and I feel Adam by nature would give it away too much for us...

Does that make any sense?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FFCSteve

Get Stockers as no 1. I dunno, I get the feeling Schwarzer is past his best. Don't get me wrong, he has been very good for us. But watching him today, he looked a little stiff & slow to react, showing his age. I'm sure Stockdale would have been much quicker around goal.
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

PokerMatt

Quote from: FFCSteve on May 22, 2011, 08:37:25 PM
Get Stockers as no 1. I dunno, I get the feeling Schwarzer is past his best. Don't get me wrong, he has been very good for us. But watching him today, he looked a little stiff & slow to react, showing his age. I'm sure Stockdale would have been much quicker around goal.

I thought Schwarzer was back to his best today, after a very poor showing against Liverpool. I've not seen a 38-year-old get down quite so quickly as the header in the first half today. That was in all the way.

That said, Stockdale needs game time, he is the future and we can't lose him or we have no-one else.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ron

encourage briggs to let his hair grow out... :001:

Burt

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 22, 2011, 08:46:40 PM

I thought Schwarzer was back to his best today, after a very poor showing against Liverpool. I've not seen a 38-year-old get down quite so quickly as the header in the first half today. That was in all the way.

That said, Stockdale needs game time, he is the future and we can't lose him or we have no-one else.

Agree on both counts.

Schwartz looked sharp today.

But he needs to expect that Stockdale will be getting more opportunities.

Transition time.

The Bronsons

Looked sharp with the saves, but his clearances in the first half especially were dreadful. Twice he side-footed kicks no more than 20 yards, straight back to Arsenal, and they were back on the attack.

Berserker

The arsenal fan sat next to me in the putney end kept saying he could see why they wanted Schwarzer last year, he was well impressed. I was just glad he was back on form after the Liverpool debunkle!!

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 22, 2011, 08:46:40 PM

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

AlFayedsChequebook

4 signings:

1 Striker
1 Pacy Winger
1 Right Back
1 Centre mid to learn from Murphy

If we sign those, get rid of some deadwood and keep our own players, we will be sorted