watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next season's halftime entertainment at the Cottage

Started by FC Silver Fox, May 23, 2011, 01:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

No idea what this Asian sport it but it could be fun to have it as halftime entertainment at the Cottage next season.

防衛大 棒倒し 準決勝 20101121
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

clint23

sipwell

It is a Japanese sport called Bo Taoshi. The goal of the game is to have the pole in a 30 degree angle for at least 3 seconds straight. The defending team needs to make sure the attacking team isn't able to do so. Each team consist out of 150 players (75 defending and 75 attacking). The team which gets the pole down first, wins! It was, unsurprisingly a sport invented by the army to keep the troops busy on free days :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FC Silver Fox

Sipwell, the extent of your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

finnster01

Quote from: sipwell on May 23, 2011, 01:07:01 PM
...The goal of the game is to have the pole in a 30 degree angle for at least 3 seconds straight...

I felt like playing that last time I used a Polish plumber to fix my clogged toilet.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I would love to know what the inventor of that game was on when he dreamt it up.

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on May 23, 2011, 01:27:54 PM
I would love to know what the inventor of that game was on when he dreamt it up.

Simple: give the military youth a tactical game as entertainment they actually look forward to do. The pre-computer game version of Call of Duty.

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 23, 2011, 01:09:38 PM
Sipwell, the extent of your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

I am an academic. Research, storage of information (in that brilliant head of mine) and think about it ("plenty" of time to do that). Just what the Flemish government pays me to do :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

as long as they replace the pole with a giant pitchfork to repair divots as they go then I cant see why not
touch my camera through the fence

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Vinnieffc

Quote from: sipwell on May 23, 2011, 01:07:01 PM
It is a Japanese sport called Bo Taoshi. The goal of the game is to have the pole in a 30 degree angle for at least 3 seconds straight. The defending team needs to make sure the attacking team isn't able to do so. Each team consist out of 150 players (75 defending and 75 attacking). The team which gets the pole down first, wins! It was, unsurprisingly a sport invented by the army to keep the troops busy on free days :)

:Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus: to Sipwell.. But even so...  :tom:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

ron

Without commenting on "trying to get your pole to a 30 degree angle for three seconds"  :001: :022:............

.........it must be difficult trying to sort out the Man of the Match...?