watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marmite vs Vegemite

Started by FFCcravencottage, May 25, 2011, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Marmite spread on top of tahini on top of toast is yummy.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

FC Silver Fox

I wouldn't spread marmite on my garden fence, even if its closer to kreosote than something edible.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Burt

Good grief is this thread still going?

Metaphorical question, obviously.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 30, 2011, 01:34:56 PM
I wouldn't spread marmite on my garden fence, even if its closer to kreosote than something edible.

What a waste taste buds are for you lol

Jimbobob

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

FatFreddysCat

To put it in perspective, i'd rather get a inflation busting season ticket at Qpha than have to have Marmite (Extra strength really???) for breakfast every saturday. Infact i'd rather eat the puked up kebabs from the gutter than Marmite, it's disgusting for godsake. Saying that, i'd still have to try a marmite flavored sausage.

Logicalman

Everyone to their own (taste) Fred  :beer:

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Logicalman on August 20, 2011, 06:22:22 PM

Everyone to their own (taste) Fred  :beer:

Exactly two of life's greats Guinness and Marmite not together though lol.

KiwiFulham

Marmite is far superior to Vegemite! I love the stuff. Can I suggest for those who haven't tried it already, that they try the New Zealand Marmite. Marmite is a New Zealand product and Vegemite is an Aussie product. These two both taste different to the UK Marmite. Having had all three I can't go past NZ Marmite and its available from www.sanza.co.uk

luckylindy

Looked it up on Amazon reviews:

"It never ceases to amaze me that you Brits eat this horrific dog food-paste.

No wonder you lost the revolutionary war.

It's clear from you eating Marmite and Vegamite that you never deserved those colonies anyway."

Shredhead

Last night I found my Marmite cookbook. If anyone wants to buy it and is going to the WBA game, let me know and I'll take it.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Shredhead on September 21, 2011, 09:52:04 PM
Last night I found my Marmite cookbook. If anyone wants to buy it and is going to the WBA game, let me know and I'll take it.
064.gif 064.gif I've got one of those, never sell it though too many tasty recipes :048:

mangoputney

Marmite isn't as salty as Vegemite

Vegemite is a poor relation

Aussie fam cannot hack Marmite cos their taste buds aint hardcore enough

That'll be down to the piss water they call beer
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Jimbobob

086.gif :drums: take a bow

A recent update from down under according to Wall Street Journal and TIME:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/14/australians-losing-their-taste-for-vegemite/?iid=nf-article-latest
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Burt

Quote from: Burt on June 30, 2011, 01:46:57 PM
Good grief is this thread still going?

Metaphorical question, obviously.

!!!

Peabody

Sorry for coming to this late but on every matchday, I have a lunchtime Marmite sandwich (sometimes toasted), if I dont, then Fulham lose. I love it and it aint done me any harm. I also like a cup of Bovril but if I want to scale down a bit, Oxo suffices. Now, OBS asks about Bemax. You take a girl for a a walk on the Lower Mall by the Thames at Hammersmith and as you walk along with your arm around her, she suddenly says whats that smell" you say oh thats my Old Spice, she replies no not that, so you look at the bottom of your shoes and then it hits you, oh you say thats the Bemax factory. Got to say Bemax smelt horrible until you got used to it.