watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marmite vs Vegemite

Started by FFCcravencottage, May 25, 2011, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCcravencottage

Sorry for the non football question, but I absolutely love Marmite (and Bovril as a hot drink) but have never tasted Vegemite. Is there a big difference between the two, cause I'm sure if they are simular I would love Vegemite as well. I suppose it's my unhealthy love of salt, love Soy Sauce. Would I love Vegemite?

ron

FFCcravencottage

ROFl you two have got to be joking Marmite is Black Honey  :004: :004: :004:
Oh ok only one of you Tom's message seems to have been deleted, I knew he loved it really.

VB

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 25, 2011, 05:40:27 PM
Sorry for the non football question, but I absolutely love Marmite (and Bovril as a hot drink) but have never tasted Vegemite. Is there a big difference between the two, cause I'm sure if they are simular I would love Vegemite as well. I suppose it's my unhealthy love of salt, love Soy Sauce. Would I love Vegemite?

I nearly had a bit of sick come up after reading that  :020:
its the Devils spawn FFCc

oh and by the way, I havnt forgotten about sending you them Video's
just have to settle a diplomatic incident with the Misses 1st, or wait till she goes to her friends in Dorset.
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: VB on May 25, 2011, 05:48:01 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 25, 2011, 05:40:27 PM

I nearly had a bit of sick come up after reading that  :020:
its the Devils spawn FFCc

oh and by the way, I havnt forgotten about sending you them Video's
just have to settle a diplomatic incident with the Misses 1st, or wait till she goes to her friends in Dorset.
No probelm, told you when it is convienient for you with the tapes, I'm more concerned that your not alover of the black honey

FFCcravencottage

Cmon someone back me up, I'm beginning to know what it feels like to be a Stoke supporter. :020: :020:

ron

If anyone remembers the "Perishers" Strip cartoon in the Daily Mirror and the "eyeballs in the sky" summer holiday sequence, even the name of the spread was used as a term of abuse...as in "Fascist!....Trotskyite!......Marmite !"

...and we're expected to eat the stuff !

Logicalman

Marmite  = gods nectar for mere mortals

LBNo11

...never fear FFCcravencottage, I too love Marmite, yes it does have a high salt content, but you don't have to spread it thick, it is best applied sparingly.

Vegemite is deceiving, because it looks the same and the old taste buds are fooled into thinking it is the same, it has a sweeter aftertaste which I can't stand.

Marmite rules.. 098.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimbobob

It looks awful - what does it taste like...it does seem to be full of vitamins...

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Logicalman

Good thing about Marmite is that you can use it like Bovril, and make a reasonable after-swimming drink of it (remember the old Fulham Baths anybody) - I dunno about spreading it thinly, just get a teaspoon, get a dollop and let it melt on your tongue - pure heaven.

Fletchino

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Logicalman on May 25, 2011, 06:30:18 PM
Good thing about Marmite is that you can use it like Bovril, and make a reasonable after-swimming drink of it (remember the old Fulham Baths anybody) - I dunno about spreading it thinly, just get a teaspoon, get a dollop and let it melt on your tongue - pure heaven.
(remember the old Fulham Baths anybody) my first experience of hot boveril (and athlete's foot) lol

Jimbobob

092.gif 093.gif 092.gif
Please someone anyone I implore you-----
What does it taste like???
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

HatterDon

I guess this is about the Scandinavian nations banning Marmite because it is impure or something.

Love the reminder of the Perishers' expletives. Loved that strip.

The big difference that I can think of is that Vegemite scans better and actually featured in a song.

Land Down Under - *Men at Work*

You're welcome, Mr. Ska
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Anyone strolling past the Globe theatre in London this summer, look at the entrance to the ticket office and there are various photos of previous plays, one shows Kevork Malikyan (he's on the "famous FFC fans" list elsewhere on here) holding a pot of Marmite.

It wasn't one of Shakespear's plays, I should add, but a modern one called "Frontline", set around Camden and absolutely hilarious. Kevork's character was an Afghan kebab seller who, at one stage, started telling the audience that the British Empire had only one great achievement, at which point he produced the jar of Marmite. It got a laugh.

Totally spurious point, doesn't move the debate on a jot, neatly links two recent topics on here. Time for my tablets?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Tom

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 25, 2011, 05:45:10 PM
ROFl you two have got to be joking Marmite is Black Honey  :004: :004: :004:
Oh ok only one of you Tom's message seems to have been deleted, I knew he loved it really.
I deleted it. I just wanted to see what the new gun in the mouth icon looked like.  090.gif
Fulham for life!

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Jimbobob on May 25, 2011, 07:03:29 PM

092.gif 093.gif 092.gif
It tastes as good as a orgasm feels  098.gif

Jimbobob

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 25, 2011, 07:54:35 PM
Quote from: Jimbobob on May 25, 2011, 07:03:29 PM

092.gif 093.gif 092.gif
It tastes as good as a orgasm feels  098.gif

Okay I give up... 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif
090.gif 090.gif 090.gif
that was really funny though..........

martintheveg

I`m a Marmite lover, i`ve had vegemite before, mid nineties, no where near the same, not as salty and definitely not the same taste, can`t think of a way of describing it though, perhaps you`d better go into an ozzie store and purchase a small jar just to satisfy your curiosity.