watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Have Got Europa

Started by White Noise, May 26, 2011, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

wohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great news, apart from the lack of Saturday 3pm kick offs we'll have next season because of it
touch my camera through the fence

TonyGilroy

Quote from: elgreenio on May 26, 2011, 11:56:01 AM

great news, apart from the lack of Saturday 3pm kick offs we'll have next season because of it

Only if we progress which sort of makes it worth it.

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 26, 2011, 11:44:31 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Play the reserves, play the supporters, but don't in any way threaten our Prem performance. I pray we will be knocked out early and have a full season to qualify properly without going through this dangerous early start. Bad day for the club. NOTHING TO CELEBRATE HERE.

Another miserable bar steward, just think, more games to watch on the box , give you something to do after Corry finishes

TonyGilroy

Seems we were second to Chelsea with Blackpool just behind us in third.

And we all thought we were behind Spurs going into the last match.

mike_f

finnster01

As I have kept an eye on the official fair play standings all season, I find it also interesting that they didn't produce an update in a month whereas earlier in the season you would get updates at least twice a month...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Doctor

FFCSteve

Quote from: mike_f on May 26, 2011, 11:34:57 AM
Damn it. That's our premier league season for next season. We'll be lucky not to get relegated now.

Well it certainly didn't screw last season did it!

This has made my day. I've been sitting at home having withdrawal symptoms, thinking what the hell am I gonna do on a Saturday afternoon till the new season starts (Except worry about who we are gonna loose!). Well now I know! Fulham all the way!

COYW!!!!!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

FFCSteve

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 26, 2011, 11:38:19 AM
We won it one time, we won it one tiiiiime, the fair play league, we won it one time.....
:wine:

Do we get any silver ware?
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

finnster01

Quote from: FFCSteve on May 26, 2011, 12:13:51 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 26, 2011, 11:38:19 AM
We won it one time, we won it one tiiiiime, the fair play league, we won it one time.....
:wine:

Do we get any silver ware?
No but we get to visit places not even your geography teacher has heard about

elgreenio

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 26, 2011, 11:58:38 AM
Quote from: elgreenio on May 26, 2011, 11:56:01 AM

Only if we progress which sort of makes it worth it.

unless you have to work on Sundays. Will have to change that by next season for sure
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

We're all going on a European tour, a European tour, a European tour.

Repeat ad nauseum

Given our past exploits, is there any danger that our expectations are such that anything less than an appearance at the final will be viewed with massive disappointment?

Tktd

Quote from: Burt on May 26, 2011, 12:42:41 PM

Repeat ad nauseum

Given our past exploits, is there any danger that our expectations are such that anything less than an appearance at the final will be viewed with massive disappointment?

I think everyone was aware how amazingly we did last time and although everyone will hope for something similar I think most people will realistically be looking at the group stages as the main target , but as we know that can change quickly and we could find ourselves in the knock out stages - there, then luck and tactics etc will come into play... anythings possible but I think Fulham fans are a  bit more grounded...

We do though have a stronger squad then last time although we're not necessarily the unkown entity or suprise pakage as we were last time...doubt top teams will be taking us lightly now!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Burt on May 26, 2011, 12:42:41 PM

Repeat ad nauseum

The aim should be to qualify from the Group stages, or at least give it a go. Anything else is a bonus.

SHADY1

Play the reserves, play the supporters, but don't in any way threaten our Prem performance. I pray we will be knocked out early and have a full season to qualify properly without going through this dangerous early start. Bad day for the club. NOTHING TO CELEBRATE HERE.

ummmmmmmm i want to give you serious verbal abuse here ... IN MY opinion its plenty to celebrate as a fan we won't get many chances of playing in Europe so take them all however they come upon us.. ..
You post a lot but not sure how much you've travelled away in 40 yrs this is a welcome change and something to enjoy.... smile but moan NO WAY !! sod the premier as long as we stay up who cares...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

finnster01

Quote from: SHADY1 on May 26, 2011, 12:58:26 PM

ummmmmmmm i want to give you serious verbal abuse here ... IN MY opinion its plenty to celebrate as a fan we won't get many chances of playing in Europe so take them all however they come upon us.. ..
You post a lot but not sure how much you've travelled away in 40 yrs this is a welcome change and something to enjoy.... smile but moan NO WAY !! sod the premier as long as we stay up who cares...
:clap_hands:

epsomraver

You tell him Shady!! no one who was not there can appreciate the atmosphere at the cottage  and abroad during that campaign, 4- 0 down and winning, unbelievable!!

Lighthouse

I am not sure how much I have travelled away with the club means much. No I was never a part of the away clique. But I have been to many away grounds supporting Fulham during the 70s and 80s. Given the chance I would not now travel to any Europa team. It means nothing to me. Sorry but That is how I feel. To say sod The Premier is just so alien to me. Without the Premier we would be a little club. But 11 years in the Premier mean we are an established side. Playing in the Europa just means nothing. It is the league cup of Europe.

Enjoy your away days and enjoy wanting to abuse me. But I find it odd that I am sometimes questioned as a fan for not wanting our Premier status threatened. Europa means more to you. I think you are wrong. However I am not likely to be tempted to give you any abuse about it. If we had finished high enough in the Prem to qualify for the Europa, I would still be unhappy. Playing all these extra games because we came in via the fair play league says much for the Europa competition. If it wasn't us it would be Blackpool. We are joined by Birmingham. Do I care? No not one jot. Hardly a high profile competition at this stage.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 26, 2011, 01:14:31 PM

I am not sure how much I have travelled away with the club means much. No I was never a part of the away clique. But I have been to many away grounds supporting Fulham during the 70s and 80s. Given the chance I would not now travel to any Europa team. It means nothing to me. Sorry but That is how I feel. To say sod The Premier is just so alien to me. Without the Premier we would be a little club. But 11 years in the Premier mean we are an established side. Playing in the Europa just means nothing. It is the league cup of Europe.

Enjoy your away days and enjoy wanting to abuse me. But I find it odd that I am sometimes questioned as a fan for not wanting our Premier status threatened. Europa means more to you. I think you are wrong. However I am not likely to be tempted to give you any abuse about it. If we had finished high enough in the Prem to qualify for the Europa, I would still be unhappy. Playing all these extra games because we came in via the fair play league says much for the Europa competition. If it wasn't us it would be Blackpool. We are joined by Birmingham. Do I care? No not one jot. Hardly a high profile competition at this stage.

Spoken by a man who hasn't been through a turnstile since the riverside was built.allegedly

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

sod the premier as long as we stay up who cares...-really???

in the big scheme of things the Europa league is little more than a jolly for the fans,the club don't make much money on it,it detracts form the league- which is the real money maker and vital to club's survival.I'm not knocking it,I was at the Juventus game which will stay with me for the rest of my life,and it's exciting as hell in the later rounds,but it's a entertaining side show,nothing more nothing less-some people do need to get that in context :dft008: