watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football the Golden Age

Started by FFCcravencottage, May 31, 2011, 07:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCcravencottage

A friend of mine knows how much I'm into my football, saw a book for sale at the local Rastro for €2.50 "Football the Golden Age extraordinary images from 1900 to 1985 by John Tennant Introduction by Rodney Marsh
It was originally £30 it really has some fantastic photo's of the bygone era, photo's of just about every football scenario you could think off. I've scanned a few of the Fulham one's. There are still bargains to be had out there. (Nearly 400 pages of classic photo's)

A minutes silence for President Kennedy before Fulham play Sheffield United. November 1963

Fulham and Blackpool players observe two minutes' silence for King George V before the Fourth Round FA Cup tie at Craven Cottage. January 1936

A ticket tout outside Craven Cottage February 1958

Freida and Frank Hearn wait to board the "Ipswich Special" taking Fulham supporters
to their Second Round FA Cup tie. January 1957

FFCcravencottage

A couple more photo's.

A Notts County supporter at their First Round FA Cup tie away to Queens Park Rangers January 1923

Amos the Barnsley's mascot 1910

finnster01

:clap_hands: Great photos mate and thanks for sharing.

I wonder if Amos the mascot wasn't called Eddie though...  :dead horse:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FFCcravencottage

Did'nt know womens football started this far back.
Maldon Ladies Football Club, formed for a charity match, walk out for their ninety - fifth game November 1953.

Brenda Chittenden, goalkeeper for East End Packers November 1953.

FFCcravencottage

One for HatterDon

Luton Town Supporters on the way to their FA Cup Final against Nottingham Forest May 1959