watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we keep Johnson?

Started by THEoriginalCHIL, May 31, 2011, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEoriginalCHIL

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I just wondered what everyones thoughts were on AJ. I know that he has had injuries but has he really paid back his transfer fee and is he really likely too? Yeah, it did take a while for Bobby to start performing for us and I was one who thought that we should have gotten rid of him a couple of seasons ago (thank God that Woy didn't think the same as I am well and truly happy to eat my words.) Just wondered what the thoughts of the forum are.

Tom

Yes, we are going to need depth for Europa this next season and he played well towards the end of the season. He is finally getting healthy I believe.
Fulham for life!

nevzter

AJ needs to stay.  I don't think he'll feature much in Europe, but he's an asset in the league.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

RidgeRider

that will depend on how our next manager wants to approach the Europa League and the Prem next year.

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 31, 2011, 11:49:37 PM
that will depend on how our next manager wants to approach the Europa League and the Prem next year.

What are you talking about, we aren't losing our manager!  :tom:
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Until we buy in a player that can stretch defenders and makes them scared of the space behind them.  083.gif.

He deserves his place because we simply don't have a player who can do what he can.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Tom on May 31, 2011, 11:52:50 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on May 31, 2011, 11:49:37 PM

What are you talking about, we aren't losing our manager!  :tom:

I hope you are right but I think the moment after MAF did the the little cheek slap thing when he announced Hughes last summer, like you would a small child, Hughes has wanted out of here. I'm hope, like I am with many things, I am wrong.

HatterDon

as I said on a different thread, I like AJ, but  :tom: do I know.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

I have decided to keep mine although it doesn't work that well any more
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on June 01, 2011, 12:09:41 AM
I have decided to keep mine although it doesn't work that well any more

Brilliant!  :011:

How did I miss that one??????? It was a watermelon waiting to be smashed.  :005:

clint23

If I were Hughes, AJ would be a starter alongside Bobby.

Blingo

He's lost pace and direction. IMHO it's time to sell him on.

Basil

I like the guy as a player and also very likebale as a bloke, would be sorry to see him leave. Hughes rates him too.

richie17

really don't rate him. Every game I look for this pace, every game he fails to outrun defenders not famed for being quick. I appreciate the odd good game where his movement really does pay off, but as noted before, the fact that two of his goals this year have been deflected speaks volumes to me: not quick enough to get that necessary yard, not technically skilled enough to pull away from defenders.  He's Robert Earnshaw with a Premier League contract.

THEoriginalCHIL

Quote from: Bogdan23 on June 01, 2011, 07:03:27 AM
So would you start him instead of Dembele then? I think that Dembele has a great future ahead with us.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

No, as our channels are nice and clean .................

...he should be allowed to work  some fresh channels.

nevzter

The real question should be: will Fulham retain Eddie Johnson?  :hook:
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

clint23

Quote from: THEoriginalCHIL on June 01, 2011, 11:26:23 PM
So would you start him instead of Dembele then? I think that Dembele has a great future ahead with us.

Dembele may have a great future with us, but I like more the AJ-Bobby partnership than Dembele-Bobby. AJ works hard. His shooting is better than Dembele's. Dembele dribbles too much sometimes. I don't say he will not become a good player in the future, but at the moment, AJ is better than him. Plus, Dembele for me is not a striker.

HatterDon

Quote from: clint23 on June 02, 2011, 06:44:49 AM

Dembele may have a great future with us, but I like more the AJ-Bobby partnership than Dembele-Bobby. AJ works hard. His shooting is better than Dembele's. Dembele dribbles too much sometimes. I don't say he will not become a good player in the future, but at the moment, AJ is better than him. Plus, Dembele for me is not a striker.

building our attack around Dembele is a good short-term idea, but I think he'll be here with us for no more than another full season. I still think he's an attacking winger -- in the mode of the young Thierry Henry -- and that our best partnership up front is Bobby and AJ.

Yet another possibility, however, is that I'm wrong about Dempsey leaving us and that Mark puts Dempsey up front as an out-and-out striker to partner with Bobby. If you turn your head slightly and squint, there's a lot of the striker Mark Hughes in our Texan.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on June 02, 2011, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: clint23 on June 02, 2011, 06:44:49 AM

building our attack around Dembele is a good short-term idea, but I think he'll be here with us for no more than another full season. I still think he's an attacking winger -- in the mode of the young Thierry Henry -- and that our best partnership up front is Bobby and AJ.

Yet another possibility, however, is that I'm wrong about Dempsey leaving us and that Mark puts Dempsey up front as an out-and-out striker to partner with Bobby. If you turn your head slightly and squint, there's a lot of the striker Mark Hughes in our Texan.

Yes! I think Demps is a much better forward than he is a midfielder. I'd love to see Dempsey up front next season.

PSG are now 70% owned by a Qatar group and promise to spend big. No offense to Dempsey intended, but perhaps now that PSG are loaded they'll be interested in a bigger name? Let's hope so.