more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who will replace Hughes?

Started by Fulham_Adam, June 01, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 01, 2011, 01:35:48 PM
Sven's CV prior to getting the England job was superb but it's been diminishing returns ever since. Plus he allowed himself to become a figure of fun.

which, in and of itself, should make him simpatico with MAF.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FC Silver Fox

Hughes not Sven. I want a manager who thinks with his brain, not his todger.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 01, 2011, 07:07:13 PM

Case in point of the British media's effect on his image.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 01, 2011, 08:16:10 PM

Ha! That Sven was rubbish, wasn't he, what with managing to get a poor England side to three consecutive quarter-finals.

Case in point #2.

Who has the highest win percentage of any England manager?

Alf Ramsey? Bobby Robson?

NO!

C'est Monsieur Capello!

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 01, 2011, 08:21:10 PM

Ha! That Sven was rubbish, wasn't he, what with managing to get a poor England side to three consecutive quarter-finals.

Case in point #2.

NO!

C'est Monsieur Capello!
That Sven "I can't keep my willy in my pants" Ericsson wasted the golden generation and got absolutely nothing to show for it.

I could have done better than that with those players.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on June 01, 2011, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 01, 2011, 08:21:10 PM

Case in point #2.

NO!

C'est Monsieur Capello!
That Sven "I can't keep my willy in my pants" Ericsson wasted the golden generation and got absolutely nothing to show for it.

I could have done better than that with those players.

He's won 17 titles, and has won the double three times. I reckon it's the "Golden Generation" who are at fault, not Sven.

(Interesting, isn't it, the "Golden Generation" has had three different managers and have won absolutely nothing yet it's always the fault of the manager, never the players.)

finnster01

If that Swedish fart is so bloody brilliant, how come England, Man City, Notts County, Ivory Coast all fired the horny bugger?

He is useless. :046: and never Fulham material

JBH

Quote from: finnster01 on June 01, 2011, 08:46:52 PM
If that Swedish fart is so bloody brilliant, how come England, Man City, Notts County, Ivory Coast all fired the horny bugger?

Dont forget Mexico!

finnster01

AlFayedsChequebook

When successive managers fail to do anything with the SAME set of England players, it must be the managers fault, no?

finnster01

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 01, 2011, 09:02:28 PM

When successive managers fail to do anything with the SAME set of England players, it must be the managers fault, no?
Especially when you include England, Mexico and the Ivory Coast

White Noise

Martin Oneill is the only workable option I can see. He is straight, hard working and has never really failed anywhere. He would keep us top 10 and we certainly wouldn't go down with him at the helm.

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on June 01, 2011, 09:05:41 PM
Martin Oneill is the only workable option I can see. He is straight, hard working and has never really failed anywhere. He would keep us top 10 and we certainly wouldn't go down with him at the helm.
I would love O'Neill to manager of Fulham.

maksimir

Yeah O'Neill is the one for me.  Euro experience with Celtic, managed a similar sized club in Leicester and comes across as a loyal, decent and a highly intelligent individual.

I would even go as far as pushing up the financial offer for him in return for sacrificing a signing or two on the playing side.  We'd be very stable with him and I'd be proud to have him as manager.

That said Hughes may not be leaving ..........

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: White Noise on June 01, 2011, 09:05:41 PM

O'neill would be a safe pair of hands, but, and perhaps I am being greedy, I would like to see a more exciting appointment.

I do wonder if the board ever just ring up quality out of work managers (Ancelotti) and offer them the job or just stick to more 'realistic' options.

I would love Van Gaal as well,

Jimbobob

:dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif
Can we ever wait for the manager to leave before we speculate on who is going to replace him?
And hell if it wasn't for the Europa business I wouldn't even consider him leaving.......with it he just might...he just might.
All summer off basically and a big raise :011: :011: :011: :011:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

FulhamMic

Funny how people post who clearly have absolutely no grasp on reality (i.e the facts)!

Sven was sacked from the England job, but without due cause. He still remains the most successful England manager of recent times.

He walked away from the Man City on mutual consent after the Thai owner made it clear he wanted input in transfers and team selections. The players went on strike (remember the 8-1 loss away at Middlesbrough on the final day of the season, and the fans put on a demonstration march in the centre of Manchester).

He walked away from Notts County after it came to light that the club had been actually been bought by an international fraudster and who was using Sven's name to further his own criminal gain. When he left he also waived all rights to compensation his contract stipulated.

Ivory Coast was only ever a short term contract to see them through the World Cup. They approached him afterwards offering him the job full time but he turned it down as he wanted to return to club management.

Willard

Unfortunately it's always the usual suspects when we talk about a replacement. I'm only thankful that nobody has suggested Curbishly. Is there another Tigana out there?

Tom

No one, he isn't going anywhere.  :54:
Fulham for life!

elgreenio

Can't see Sven doing a great job, he seems to buy a lot of flops nowadays, something we cant really afford on a budget. I've never really been a fan of O'Neill, no particular reason. Would love to give Steve McLaren a chance, he worked wonders with Boro, 2 FA Cup semis, a League Cup win, and a Europa Final. Toppled the PSV/Ajax dominance in Holland, even after selling the likes of Eljero Elia. Wolfsburg we wont talk about  :011:, lets just say Diego is a greedy so and so who cant score from 12 yards no matter how many tries you give him.

All this is in vein anyway, cue Hughes coming out in a month saying he was stringing a rival along to scupper their pre-season preparations  :dft012:
touch my camera through the fence