more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why should England stay in FIFA?

Started by finnster01, June 02, 2011, 01:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I say we should just walk.

That will make a louder sound in the world than anything Sepp Blatter and his Argie right hand man. That would give the fat little man something to blabber about.

Our national team is poo anyway, have them ban us, players needs holidays to rest up anyways and nobody will be able to beat Barcelona for years.

No need to be part of FIFA at all
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

:clap_hands:

Sorry Finn but I agree. No more pointless European football, no more money going into the bent Fifa bods. Just our own FA to clean up. Why are we allowing these cheats to stand there and blame little old England for causing all the trouble. We wont leave because too many FA Bods want to feed at the honey pot. But we should.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nevzter

Footballing backwaters such as the US and Mexico may go along - but you'd need heavier hitters such as the Dutch, Germans, Italians, French, etc., not to mention a few South American nations to create a new federation.

If there were any ambition to create a new federation, now seems like a good time...

And then I wake up and nothing has changed, nothing will ever change under this system...$$$$$$$$$

Ok, now I need a drink.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

nevzter

Caveat, I assume England may want international competition, if not, drop out and all is bueno.  Still, others may follow and want int'l matches...which was the assumption in my previous post.

Eff it, COYW.  Too many belvedere's up to make my point...

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

:doh: we walk out of FIFA and Fulham are out of the Europa League :doh:

nevzter

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 02, 2011, 05:52:14 AM
Then, Chelsea, Man Utd., Arse, Spurs and Man City are all gone.  Umm, think they'll be no pulling out (anybody hear of the rhythm method around the FA?).

Dixie

Quote from: nevzter on June 02, 2011, 06:07:30 AM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 02, 2011, 05:52:14 AM
Then, Chelsea, Man Utd., Arse, Spurs and Man City are all gone.  Umm, think they'll be no pulling out (anybody hear of the rhythm method around the FA?).

Is UEFA part of FIFA then?
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I thought FIFA was only for national teams & tournaments.

Could we resign from FIFA but stay part of UEFA? thereby only missing out on the World Cup which we will never win and never host again anyway.
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

jarv

I said on a previous post, International football is rubbish and I would be glad to see the back of it (or at a minimum, maybe 4 games a year).
When Fulham players are picked for duty, it bothers me that they return either injured or worn out for the next game.

Problem for most clubs however is, they are full of multi national players who will disappear on international days.

England will not pull out, the deals are done and none of the present crowd will be involved by the time Qatar comes around. Best they can do is keep digging in the dirt and hope sponsors withdraw which will hurt Blatter and co. the most. 086.gif

HatterDon

The sad truth is that if England walk out of FIFA, 95% of the other members will stand and cheer lustily for a half-hour or so. Right or wrong, England has always been viewed as self-righteous and ego-centric when it comes to football -- always wanting to have special treatment and having an overblown view of their own importance in the world game today.

I hasten to add that I don't agree with that, but the majority of FIFA nations have been bitching about England since at least the 1970s. In my considered opinion, if England resigned most FIFA members would think that the majority of the organization's problems had just been solved.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

:bump:

Thought I might have been controversial enough to have caused some following comment.

Perhaps there was something that happened after I posted that comment that distracted folks. Hmmmm.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel