more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN..........grrrrrrrr

Started by Fernhurst, June 02, 2011, 08:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Talking about Hughes as if he's already gone 099.gif

If he goes our role as Cinderella club will be cemented.

Apparently in talks with Fulham today.... Will Uncle Mo stump up enough cash to satisfy the Welshman and his hareem???

TonyGilroy

I doubt they know what's going on any more than we do.

If Hughes is in talks with the club he clearly though hasn't made up his mind to go. If he stays we can reckon he's with us for the long haul. If he goes there's plenty of time to find a replacement with O'Neill presumably high up the list of probables.

I'd be very happy with him but if Hughes turns Villa down I think that's a big statement of his intent and our current position.

If.

BalDrick

Not sure I'd take it as a 'big statement' - jumping from bed to bed with the speed of a former Big Brother contestant is not a character trait his eventual employees will look favourbaly upon so it's not really in his interests.

Might be a decent size statement for Fulham, from the board as much as from the manager, that we aspire to be where we are now, 8th best team in the league and in Europe.

What does concern me about this is Sky's excitement in Hughes possibly moving on; wonder if he'll be the go-to guy for rumours whenever any half-decent Prem job comes up for the duration of his tenure with us (and then not at all once he's moved).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

A lot of people (on Twitter) now mentioning Ancelotti:

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/06/02/birmingham-mail-exclusive-carlo-ancelotti-is-the-man-aston-villa-want-to-replace-gerard-houllier-97319-28807143/

Aston Villa are going to launch a bold swoop for Carlo Ancelotti, with the sacked Chelsea boss well ahead of bookies' favourite Mark Hughes and fans' choice David Moyes in Randy Lerner's thinking.

MJG

as I said last night, its a 5 second conversation?
AM/MAF:  "Mark sign here, if not bye"

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on June 02, 2011, 08:51:35 AM

Why?

Hughes is entitled to negotiate his personal terms and those of his assistants and to want clear indications as to the budget he'll be allowed.

Fernhurst

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 02, 2011, 08:29:18 AM
I doubt they know what's going on any more than we do.

If Hughes is in talks with the club he clearly though hasn't made up his mind to go. If he stays we can reckon he's with us for the long haul. If he goes there's plenty of time to find a replacement with O'Neill presumably high up the list of probables.

I'd be very happy with him but if Hughes turns Villa down I think that's a big statement of his intent and our current position.

If.

Yes, a vote to stay may at last alter the perception from Cinderella to determined mid table side with talent and the gonads to protect their position.

Gonna be an interesting couple of days.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 02, 2011, 08:44:36 AM
A lot of people (on Twitter) now mentioning Ancelotti:

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/06/02/birmingham-mail-exclusive-carlo-ancelotti-is-the-man-aston-villa-want-to-replace-gerard-houllier-97319-28807143/

Aston Villa are going to launch a bold swoop for Carlo Ancelotti, with the sacked Chelsea boss well ahead of bookies' favourite Mark Hughes and fans' choice David Moyes in Randy Lerner's thinking.

Ancelotti would be a much better move for them IMO.

FulhamMic

I feel the sticking point could well be Hughes' wage demands.

He will view this year as a good one in terms of league position and European qualification and it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted a package more in line with what he was on at City rather than what we're prepared to pay (now & historically).

This will probably also apply to all his back room staff.

What I would say is that we shouldn't be bullied into over paying, and if wage is the sticking point (just like with players) then let him move to somewhere else where his demands can be met rather than putting more strain on our already well stretched wage budget.

TonyGilroy

I guess it comes down to paying market rate.

If the budget for a manager is, say, a salary of half a million a year we won't attract managers who can earn more.

Thing is we don't know if Hughes is striking too hard a bargain, determined to go to Villa or simply relaxed about agreeing terms with us in a leisurely fashion.

We also don't know how much he likes being at Fulham. He says the right things but never seems to give much away.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 02, 2011, 08:57:00 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 02, 2011, 08:51:35 AM

Why?

Hughes is entitled to negotiate his personal terms and those of his assistants and to want clear indications as to the budget he'll be allowed.
Because he either wants to be at the club or not, and time is not on our side.
Dont get me wrong i'm no fan of Hughes and if he goes so be it.

TonyGilroy

I don't think it's unreasonable of him to say I want to be at the club if the transfer budget is x and my salary y but if it's half x and half y I'd rather leave.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 02, 2011, 09:39:48 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable of him to say I want to be at the club if the transfer budget is x and my salary y but if it's half x and half y I'd rather leave.
Ok its a 5 minute conversation, whatever I would hope for all, that we hear something today.