News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we having a Roy Hodgson Part Two Moment?

Started by finnster01, June 02, 2011, 01:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Sparky gone on vacation. Transfer window open.  :tom:

Are we having another season of a horrible first half because the new manager doesn't get enough time to put "his" squad together? What if you are a Fulham player? Do you like to change the way you play each year because of change in formations? Don't you want to know who your boss is going to be each year? And if you are a player looking for a new club, why would you join Fulham if every summer is the same turmoil?

I can see several players leaving because of this uncertainty and nonsense. Poor management not to have this sorted out one way or another already. Gaming for money is one thing, but the team is hurting which will impact quality on the pitch. I think right now MAF is being penny wise and pound foolish.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Duncs

Agree - this should have all been sorted sometime ago.

Results post boxing day were enough to see where the team is heading.

just unprofessional that it is still on going.

AlFayedsChequebook

Whether or not Hughes has a contract is irrelevant - if he wants to go, he will go.

The Equalizer

I don't think it's unprofessional at all. Hughes certainly wanted to make sure that he waited until he could exercise his break clause, hence giving him a better bargaining position. It also allowed him time to find out if there were going to be other potential clubs for him to move to which could give him better opportunities.

Professionality has nothing to do with it at all. The club could do nothing, Hughes, like anyone, would wait until that point that the break appears. It's extremely simple and goes on in business of all varieties every single day.

Football is one of those sports where major events can occur in a very small amount of time, that's why there is always a ridiculous amount of speculation and expectation. All clubs know this, but they can't necessarily do anything about it. That's just the way of football!

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 02, 2011, 01:35:43 PM
I don't think it's unprofessional at all. Hughes certainly wanted to make sure that he waited until he could exercise his break clause, hence giving him a better bargaining position. It also allowed him time to find out if there were going to be other potential clubs for him to move to which could give him better opportunities.

Professionality has nothing to do with it at all. The club could do nothing, Hughes, like anyone, would wait until that point that the break appears. It's extremely simple and goes on in business of all varieties every single day.

Football is one of those sports where major events can occur in a very small amount of time, that's why there is always a ridiculous amount of speculation and expectation. All clubs know this, but they can't necessarily do anything about it. That's just the way of football!

You are on wind-up right Mr Eq? The club could have handled it a long time ago if they wanted. I do this all the time. It is called employee review and I will know if I have a happy camper or not on my hands and what to do to keep him or not
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on June 02, 2011, 01:39:00 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on June 02, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

You are on wind-up right Mr Eq? The club could have handled it a long time ago if they wanted. I do this all the time. It is called employee review and I will know if I have a happy camper or not on my hands and what to do to keep him or not

But football is a different animal. Does your industry pay 60% of turnover on staff wages?

LordNelson

The silly season has most definitely begun!
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

The Equalizer

Exactly Alf - football is an entirely different beast. These opportunities for managers crop up maybe once a year.

Fulham aren't a huge club, would he prefer to go to a much more established and bigger club or stay with us?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Blingo

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 02, 2011, 01:43:03 PM
Exactly Alf - football is an entirely different beast. These opportunities for managers crop up maybe once a year.

Fulham aren't a huge club, would he prefer to go to a much more established and bigger club or stay with us?

MORE ESTABLISHED???? I DONT THINK SO EQ

The Equalizer

This is Aston Villa we're talking about mate. They're a much bigger club and certainly have better Premiership credentials than ourselves.

Blingo

We're the OLDEST club in London m8 and 2b honest, I do NOT consider av 2b a BIG club. Combine that with being in the rrrr sole of England and it really says it all.

NO COMPARISON

The Equalizer

Quote from: Blingo on June 02, 2011, 02:04:18 PM
We're the OLDEST club in London m8 and 2b honest, I do NOT consider av 2b a BIG club. Combine that with being in the rrrr sole of England and it really says it all.

NO COMPARISON

Full name    Aston Villa Football Club
Nickname(s)    The Villa, The Villans, The Lions
Founded    March 1874; 137 years ago (1874-03)[1]

Perhaps a little bit older than us?

HatterDon

To get back to the original question, perhaps details of Hughes' contract were delayed until after the season ended and the club knew what to expect vis-a-vis the Europa League committments.

Why are so many of us believing that Hughes is doing something nefarious -- and doing it by going on vacation?

MY GOD, THE MAN WENT ON VACATION WHEN THE SEASON ENDED!!!!!!!!

:019: :020: :035:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Agree with Hatter, considering he has Europa League games coming to up to manage.....allegedly.....he needs some time off no matter what. I wouldn't read too much into him being gone, it is what he should be doing. Mobile 'blowing' up of course  :011:

Burt

I could understand Hodgson going to join Liverpool more than Sparky going to Villa.

Liverpool representated a big name opportunity and an upward step.

Villa don't really represent that though. Bigger, yes, but not big 4.