watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old age solution

Started by Blingo, June 02, 2011, 01:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blingo

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.
They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.
Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.
Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.
Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.
There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised.
Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.  Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out. :wine:

ImperialWhite

But where are the inmates going to buy smack in an old people's home?

LBNo11

...excellent solution! It is tragic that society has lost their sense of priorities. I wonder if UK pensioners should petition the European Parliament because their human rights are being violated - or demand parity to the living conditions of prisoners - the added advantage would be that there would be no riots and they would do all the cleaning themselves..!

092.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Blingo

it becomes more frightening as we get closer to retirement age doesn't it?

LBNo11

...speak for yourself Blingo!

...oh! yep, I see what you mean, the crystal in my palm is starting to blink, now where is that carousel.. 092.gif

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 02, 2011, 02:22:34 PM

...oh! yep, I see what you mean, the crystal in my palm is starting to blink, now where is that carousel.. 092.gif

LoganNo11 n'est-ce pas?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Quote from: Blingo on June 02, 2011, 02:13:58 PM
it becomes more frightening as we get closer to retirement age doesn't it?
It is scary isn't it? I now feel naked without my slippers...  :041:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...quite right Eq, the advantage would be Jenny Agutter and Farah Fawcett - sigh..!

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 02, 2011, 02:47:27 PM
...quite right Eq, the advantage would be Jenny Agutter and Farah Fawcett - sigh..!

I'd be loath to go anywhere near Farrah Fawcett these days...  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

GoldCoastWhite

Stop the world, I want to get off !  080.gif

HatterDon

Hmmmm, OAPs in a facility where they face constant gang rape and are subject to beatings from members of other ethnic groups just for looking in the wrong direction. They'll then have the highest AIDs rates in the entire world. Not even our governor here in Texas has come up with that one yet.

I love how some people believe that prisons are a constant vacation land. Of course, they are relatively easy to get into if you really think they're better than old folks's homes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

I'll drink to that 082.gif
Reality is there is probably not too much difference except the ridiculous cost to the tax payer (for prisoners that is).

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on June 02, 2011, 04:20:49 PM
Hmmmm, OAPs in a facility where they face constant gang rape and are subject to beatings from members of other ethnic groups just for looking in the wrong direction. They'll then have the highest AIDs rates in the entire world. Not even our governor here in Texas has come up with that one yet.

I love how some people believe that prisons are a constant vacation land. Of course, they are relatively easy to get into if you really think they're better than old folks's homes.

There is a vast difference between the cushy prisons here and in the states, I watched the program on the prison in Miami, if we had that kind of regime here that would cut the prison population.We now have prisoners being released because their childrens rights have been breached, pity Dad didn't think of them while he was out thieving, we have a prisoner suing because he cannot get IVF treatment behind bars, you cannot make it up.

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on June 02, 2011, 04:29:37 PM

There is a vast difference between the cushy prisons here and in the states

Yeah Don, have you not seen Porridge?  :dft012:

ImperialWhite

There is a vast difference between the cushy prisons here and in the states, I watched the program on the prison in Miami, if we had that kind of regime here that would cut the prison population.

Makes sense - US has tougher prisons than in the UK, so they have fewer prisoners. Good theory except for the fact that the States is the most incarcarated nation to have ever existed! Deterrents aren't at the root of stopping crime, it's figuring out why crime happens in the first place (being poor and illiterate tends to help). 

Stephen Fry on American Prisons Facts

epsomraver

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 02, 2011, 04:32:00 PM

Don't mention Grouty !!!

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on June 02, 2011, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on June 02, 2011, 04:32:00 PM

Don't mention Grouty !!!

Yes, AND Birds of a Feather.  :down_under:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 02, 2011, 04:36:10 PM

There is a vast difference between the cushy prisons here and in the states, I watched the program on the prison in Miami, if we had that kind of regime here that would cut the prison population.

Makes sense - US has tougher prisons than in the UK, so they have fewer prisoners. Good theory except for the fact that the States is the most incarcarated nation to have ever existed! Deterrents aren't at the root of stopping crime, it's figuring out why crime happens in the first place (being poor and illiterate tends to help). 

Stephen Fry on American Prisons Facts

Don't start that old chestnut, being poor and illiterate is no excuse for being a thief. I was brought up on a very rough housing estate in Battersea , the poorest families were not the thieves, talk about something you know about, not read a theory on.

ImperialWhite

I'm not saying it's an excuse I'm saying it's a reason why.

We can lock 'em up and throw away they key until the cows come home, but it won't stop crime happening - it'll just give us an expensive prison system. It's a fact that prisoners are disproportionatly poor and illiterate. You saw that Louis Theroux programme - what classes of people were being locked up? (I didn't grow up on an estate, sure, but I do have family members who have worked in the prison system, so I know a little about it).

Give people opportunities and hope to stop them commiting crimes, not by removing any stake in society they might have had.