watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes Agent confirms we didn't match his ambition

Started by In the Enclosure, June 02, 2011, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Enclosure

Just heard Kia Jorachbim ? on the radio saying that Hughes always wanted a top four side.

Having been invited to Motspur park for the recent Fans training day I must admit I was rather shocked at how many coaches and cone carriers were being employed. Looked like Hughes was trying to make us into Man City with a massive Coaching team

Perhaps Mo was worrying where all his money was going and why 5 or 6 people were needed to do the jobs that Roy , Ray + 1 used to do ?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: In the Enclosure on June 02, 2011, 08:24:18 PM
Just heard Kia Jorachbim ? on the radio saying that Hughes always wanted a top four side.

Having been invited to Motspur park for the recent Fans training day I must admit I was rather shocked at how many coaches and cone carriers were being employed. Looked like Hughes was trying to make us into Man City with a massive Coaching team

Perhaps Mo was worrying where all his money was going and why 5 or 6 people were needed to do the jobs that Roy , Ray + 1 used to do ?
It's gotta be something like this - There's no way Mo wants to attempt to become a top 4-5-6 side with the amount of dosh that's required (IMO) - I think he would be happy with atop 10 each season and possibly a Euro run and even a cup?

finnster01

How about that twit match his own ambition for once?

Plus there are more managers in his entourage than Indians on the blower every time I call for help for anything
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

JBH

I listen to Kia Jorachbim's inteveiw on the radio and there has never been so much bollox to come out of one persons mouth since Linda Lovelace jacked it in!!

Total Garbage

Ron Sheepskin

I don't know how to insert a hyperlink to a previous thread, but in one of the many on this topic over the last couple of days, there was a post from b+w Geezer:

I also have no idea if it will happen, but there is sufficient doubt to cause concern. A managerial change in June could just about be surmounted on the pitch. I'd be more concerned with the off-field implications. If Hughes did go, he and his mouthpieces would (in order to justify jumping ship) need to present it as negligence and lack of ambition by our club. And so it would be likely to seem not only to supporters of FFC and rivals but -- more importantly -- to current and prospective players. It would undo much of the work in recent years to build up our profile as a mid-table outfit with aspirations. And in fairness, as Hughes would say, the situation probably is a litmus test of pretty much that.

Outstanding work sir.  :clap_hands:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

SWwhite

if he thinks he can make Villa a top 4 side then he really does have an inflated opinion of himself

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: In the Enclosure on June 02, 2011, 08:24:18 PM

So his dream is to get fired by Abromovich?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FatFreddysCat

What a  099.gif . Isn't tht agent the one who caused the whole Tevez Cheat scandle? Lovely honoruble fella  :046:

In the Enclosure

That post from B+W Geezer was spot on - Also heard that the Taffyia were after pay rises / bonuses.

I reckon Mo sussed them out and we could be returning to a more hands on manager / coach.

Mo probably used the Roy compensation money to fund this years management salaries while he got a replacement lined up.

I know that continuity can be important but sometimes a change of voice or methods stops the players going stale.
I think Benitez conceded that he needed to change out some players every 2-3 years to stop them getting bored with his methods

timmyg

Wait, how did I not know Kia Joorabchian was Hughes' agent???
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

JBH

I have just had a thought about Hughes quitting without apparently having a job to go to?

If this is truely the case he has just put all of his own coaching staff out of work without being able to tell them that they will definiately have a job to go to.

Even more reason to believe that his agent was lying and he has in fact a job already lined up.

White Noise

Can't believe anyone would work with Kia Joorbachiam. Astounding! Well if Hughes will let someone like that represent him then he really will fall for anything.

LBNo11

..."Hughes Agent confirms we didn't match his ambition" Translation: Fulham would not succumb to the outrageous greed of my client, his entourage or my commission request.

Visit a taxidermist you parasitic worm...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 02, 2011, 10:11:29 PM
..."Hughes Agent confirms we didn't match his ambition" Translation: Fulham would not succumb to the outrageous greed of my client, his entourage or my commission request.

Visit a taxidermist you parasitic worm...

Ed it would be helpful if, in clearer language, you could share with us how you really feel.  :011:

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Perhaps MAF made budget promises to Hughes that he failed to live up to.  If Hughes tried to spend the money promised and was refused, he might have walked because he felt cheated.

Will we ever know the truth?  I doubt it...

RidgeRider

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 02, 2011, 10:30:22 PM
Perhaps MAF made budget promises to Hughes that he failed to live up to.  If Hughes tried to spend the money promised and was refused, he might have walked because he felt cheated.

Will we ever know the truth?  I doubt it...

Actually, this is very possible as well. Whatever ever we read quoted from Fulham or Hughes will be spin.