News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goalies - Isn't Stocko getting married today?

Started by SWwhite, June 03, 2011, 03:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWwhite

On BBC that Friedel has joined Spurs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13639513.stm
Got me thinking: are we okay with Stockdale starting and Etheridge on the bench, or would we need another goalie behind Stocko, encase of an injury.   Assuming Schwarz stops.
If another goalie is needed, then who should we go for, or maybe we should start with Mark again next year.
Just something to get us off the manager topic.

elgreenio

we're more than ok with Schwarzer and Stockdale
touch my camera through the fence

Lighthouse

Hughes was wrong to.... oh off the manager topic. Right then. Swart will remain number one but has been far from top form for a few seasons. No longer as commanding and not as good a shot stopper as he once was. I would try Stockdale is as many games as possible and with the Europa Prem rounds, introduce Etheridge.

However long term, we could well do with a Swart replacement. But I would prefer the keeper we bring in to be the bench warmer. Depends on how Stockdale continues to do and Etheridge does once introduced to the first team enviroment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Schwartz has at least another season in him so wouldn't seek to make any immediate transition.

We should use Stockdale in the qualifying rounds of the Europa, and the Carling Cup perhaps, to build his experience up a bit.

SWwhite

On the same topic, congrats Stocko!!!
He had to pull out of the England squad cos he was getting married the day before the game, which is today.

fulham151

Simon Digger Davies also tying the know today! Congratulations

fulham151

Andy_M

Well congrats to Simon Davies and Stockers!

I posted earlier today in a different thread that I would be more than happy to see stockers as no.1 next season. Schw's distribution has been nothing short of appaling most of the season, the odd errors are starting to creep in also and he just doesn't appear as commanding as he once did to me.

Thought Stockers had two great spells in goal and I personally was disappointed when Schw's was allowed straight back in when he returned from his international tournament.
@got_maile

SWwhite

elgreenio

he was great after the Liverpool game though.

Quote from: fulham151 on June 03, 2011, 03:50:43 PM
Simon Digger Davies also tying the know today! Congratulations

that must have caused some friction between the lads.
touch my camera through the fence

michaelread

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 03, 2011, 03:23:37 PM
Hughes was wrong to.... oh off the manager topic. Right then. Swart will remain number one but has been far from top form for a few seasons. No longer as commanding and not as good a shot stopper as he once was. I would try Stockdale is as many games as possible and with the Europa Prem rounds, introduce Etheridge.

However long term, we could well do with a Swart replacement. But I would prefer the keeper we bring in to be the bench warmer. Depends on how Stockdale continues to do and Etheridge does once introduced to the first team enviroment.

Whoah there, last few seasons? He's only been with us for a few seasons, and you sure as hell wouldn't have been watching us in a Europa League Final without his efforts away at Wolfsburg, in what was the finest season of his career.

GoldCoastWhite

Stockers is marrying Simon Davis ? A double coming out and a gay wedding would be too Fulhamish to be Fulhamish !  :019:

HatterDon

and a mixed one as well -- Stockers being English and Digger being a midfielder.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Wolves released Marcus Hahnemann. If Schwarzer goes and Stockdale gets the #1 shirt, we could do worse than Marcus for a backup.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel