watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

yes please

Started by wadey, June 03, 2011, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

he was no better than my third choice last summer, but I'd be happy as a clam if he signed with us. I just hope he does it SOON!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

083.gif 083.gif

NO NO NO NO

Fletchino

Brede Butter Pudding

Would far far far prefer Jol than many of the other candidates, including McLaren, McLeish, Grant, Cirbushley and O'Neil.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 04, 2011, 01:12:22 AM
Would far far far prefer Jol than many of the other candidates, including McLaren, McLeish, Grant, Cirbushley and O'Neil.

Really? After that farce last summer? Nah, never.

Let's go to Bolton or West Bromwich and ask the question. Wouldn't be unhappy with McClaren or O'Neill.

But we need a fast appointment.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 04, 2011, 01:23:21 AM

Let's go to Bolton or West Bromwich and ask the question. Wouldn't be unhappy with McClaren or O'Neill.

From what we, as fans, understand, is that last season he was very keen on coming here, but it was Ajax that stopped him... In fact, they stumped up his get-out clause to far, far more than was worth it. Yes, he told different stories to the press in England and the Netherlands, but surely any manager would have done the same?

He has experience, the Spuds fans loved him and were gutted to see him leave, he played attractive football and encouraged flair players, something Hughes seemed to agree with, and he could also bring in some new and exciting faces.

IMO he's far more exciting than the likes of O'Neil (who played route 1 and who the Villa fans were glad to see the back of), McLaren etc.

The only other person I'd rather have is Ancelotti but I'm pretty sure he'll be off to Villa or somewhere higher.

Jack Fulham

Airfix

McClaren?  I'll have 2oz of what you're smoking...

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Airfix on June 04, 2011, 01:29:38 AM

McClaren?  I'll have 2oz of what you're smoking...

Look what he did to Middlesbrough. He might not be international material in terms of the England job, but he's a decent manager.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 04, 2011, 01:28:01 AM

From what we, as fans, understand, is that last season he was very keen on coming here, but it was Ajax that stopped him...

Yeah, and that's plain wrong. He was putting out these rumours because he wanted more money for transfers from Ajax. He left Hamburg because he fell out with the management (because he demanded more money) - Jol seems to be a thoroughly nice, gentle guy...but that's only a facade.

And this is an information I got from my agency mate so it's trustable.

Lighthouse

I am trying to care. But I am finding it hard. I invested too much enthusiasm into Hughes and the way our squad was shaping. Now we are just another season away from finding the right players and who can still do a job for us. Feeling weary of it all. Good luck to our new manager. But I wont believe any of them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 04, 2011, 01:39:54 AM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 04, 2011, 01:28:01 AM

From what we, as fans, understand, is that last season he was very keen on coming here, but it was Ajax that stopped him...

Yeah, and that's plain wrong. He was putting out these rumours because he wanted more money for transfers from Ajax. He left Hamburg because he fell out with the management (because he demanded more money) - Jol seems to be a thoroughly nice, gentle guy...but that's only a facade.

And this is an information I got from my agency mate so it's trustable.

Fair enough, and believe what you will, but I'm definitely more excited about Jol than any of the other contenders for the job and with the right backing I think he could do a good job for us.

RidgeRider

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 04, 2011, 01:41:42 AM
I am trying to care. But I am finding it hard. I invested too much enthusiasm into Hughes and the way our squad was shaping.

Exactly. It's frustrating.

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 04, 2011, 01:48:15 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 04, 2011, 12:26:15 AM
083.gif 083.gif

NO NO NO NO

Welcome back!

Ah, thanks Ridge.....two weeks without internet are ok, but not if the manager of your favourite team resigns and you don't get any information out here. So yeah, I'm glad to be back. And thanks for the new smileys, whoever that was. They're great. Would've loved a Moonwalking Jacko, though. 098.gif

/E: Just realized that I have to change my profile pic. :016:

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 04, 2011, 01:49:05 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 04, 2011, 01:41:42 AM
I am trying to care. But I am finding it hard. I invested too much enthusiasm into Hughes and the way our squad was shaping.

Exactly. It's frustrating.

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 04, 2011, 01:48:15 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 04, 2011, 12:26:15 AM
083.gif 083.gif

NO NO NO NO

Welcome back!

Ah, thanks Ridge.....two weeks without internet are ok, but not if the manager of your favourite team resigns and you don't get any information out here. So yeah, I'm glad to be back. And thanks for the new smileys, whoever that was. They're great. Would've loved a Moonwalking Jacko, though. 098.gif

/E: Just realized that I have to change my profile pic. :016:

Ahh, a little Volzy by the pool. Always in style.  076.gif back
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel