watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland

Started by Tom, June 04, 2011, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm watching Brede against Portugal on ESPN Deportes.
Fulham for life!

Travers Barney

Let's hope we'll be watching him in a London's oldest shirt for the next 7 seasons.

We are the whites
We are the whites

Tom

Norway down to Portugal 1-0 right now.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on June 04, 2011, 10:39:28 PM

a better choice than watching USA v Spain as it turned out.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on June 05, 2011, 12:27:31 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 04, 2011, 10:39:28 PM

a better choice than watching USA v Spain as it turned out.
No doubt! That was the worst first half I have ever seen us play. We played like  099.gif and that first half was embarrassing to watch. People also need to know that is wasn't our first out in the first half and Dempsey came on after halftime. In the first half, we had 6 regular starters off the pitch. :020:  :020:  :020:
Fulham for life!

Crede15

That was embarrassing, but utterly predictable because of the lineup we put out there. Gooch is starting to look like he's done, and Ream isn't ready. Jermain Jones was awful. Spector hasn't played full back in a while for a reason and Lichaj is a right back playing left back. Robbie Rogers is too bad for words to describe and Kljestan is serviceable at best.

The only positives were that when Dempsey came on in the second half he looked great. He was one of our two players who didn't look out of place among the Spanish players. The other was Michael Bradley. But obviously once they had come on it was too late.

Tom

Quote from: Crede15 on June 05, 2011, 12:41:35 AM
That was embarrassing, but utterly predictable because of the lineup we put out there. Gooch is starting to look like he's done, and Ream isn't ready. Jermain Jones was awful. Spector hasn't played full back in a while for a reason and Lichaj is a right back playing left back. Robbie Rogers is too bad for words to describe and Kljestan is serviceable at best.

The only positives were that when Dempsey came on in the second half he looked great. He was one of our two players who didn't look out of place among the Spanish players. The other was Michael Bradley. But obviously once they had come on it was too late.
Gooch looks like he should not be with the national team right now and looks like a statue out there and Rogers has no right to be with the team at all right now and the same goes for Kljestan. Jones played like pure  099.gif today! The two bright spots were Dempsey and Bradley! They did look much better in the second half with the better players on the pitch and stopped the bleeding.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

It's insanity to schedule a friendly against the World Champions THREE DAYS PRIOR to a major tournement. Well, that is from a footballing sense.

It made a LOT of sense to schedule it on Saturday instead of, say, last Wednesday when Mexico played NZ, since we wouldn't have gotten a national TV audience and a sold out stadium.

Some time or other, US Soccer has got to stop doing things that hurt our international reputation and hamstring our abilities to win meaningful competitions simply because of a quick payday. We make the English FA look like an efficient organization.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MisfitKid

Spot on evaluation of both halves.  I thought Wondo from my Quakes didn't look out of place.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Crede15

It really was depressing. I think the fact that we didn't play our "A-team" makes it less of an issue, but at the same time it shows our complete lack of quality depth. Spain didn't play their best team either but they have so many good players. Obviously, its silly to compare us to Spain but it showed that we have some good players and a lot of mediocre/bad players. When Clint and Michael Bradley came on they looked like they were on a completely different level than anyone else we had. They both produced quality through balls to play somebody (Kljestan, Bedoya) through on goal and neither even got a shot off.

Sad to say, but I think Mexico have to be considered the favorites. Our center back situation is in shambles. Gooch looks to be a shell of himself, and Ream isn't ready. The best partnership right now is probably Boca-Goodson.

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on June 05, 2011, 02:43:51 AM
It's insanity to schedule a friendly against the World Champions THREE DAYS PRIOR to a major tournement. Well, that is from a footballing sense.

It made a LOT of sense to schedule it on Saturday instead of, say, last Wednesday when Mexico played NZ, since we wouldn't have gotten a national TV audience and a sold out stadium.

Some time or other, US Soccer has got to stop doing things that hurt our international reputation and hamstring our abilities to win meaningful competitions simply because of a quick payday. We make the English FA look like an efficient organization.
Absolutely agree Don!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: MisfitKid on June 05, 2011, 02:51:14 AM

Spot on evaluation of both halves.  I thought Wondo from my Quakes didn't look out of place.
Your Wondo missed a great chance to score from I think a great pass from Dempsey.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Crede15 on June 05, 2011, 02:59:54 AM

Sad to say, but I think Mexico have to be considered the favorites. Our center back situation is in shambles. Gooch looks to be a shell of himself, and Ream isn't ready. The best partnership right now is probably Boca-Goodson.
Yeah, I would go with Boca and Goodson. Ream is going to be very good though. The future is Goodson and Ream and hopefully Chandler. Please dear Lord, let Timmy Chandler be committed to the U.S. national team.
Fulham for life!