Main Menu

Bobby Zamora wants new Fulham manager appointed quickly

Started by os5889, June 05, 2011, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13660879.stm

Bobby Zamora wants new Fulham manager appointed quickly

Zamora scored seven goals in only 16 Fulham appearances last season

Bobby Zamora is keen Fulham appoint a new manager quickly following the resignation of Mark Hughes on Thursday.

Fulham's players are due to report back to Craven Cottage for pre-season training in 18 days because of their Europa League commitments.

Zamora, 30, said: "We are back in training on 23 June and we've got a game on the 30th in the Europa League.

"We want the right person for the club. It would be nice if the managerial thing is sorted before we come back."

Fulham, who finished eighth in the Premier League, outside of the automatic qualification places for Europe, were awarded a Europa League spot through the fair-play system.

Zamora, who made only 16 appearances for Fulham last season because of injury, admitted that Hughes departure had been a "total shock" but wished the manager well.

"Mark has got his his reasons," said the England striker. "I don't blame him at all. It's one of those things. Managers and players come and go."

HatterDon

HatterDon wants new Fulham manager appointed quickly
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Actually BZ also said we need to bring in  the right sort of chap and Ray Lewington was a good coach while they were waiting last time.

Clearly we need to bring in a really wonderful, coach with experience, who is loved by everybody, spends little money and has as finishing in the top 5.

Gus Poyet and Paul Pesh it is then. Hurrah.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jack Fulham

SWwhite

Without a new manager quickly, it could turn out like last year.
I blame appointing a manager so late for our slow start to last season.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sidwell4england on June 05, 2011, 07:00:32 PM
Without a new manager quickly, it could turn out like last year.
I blame appointing a manager so late for our slow start to last season.

I blame Karl Henry's tackle for our poor start to the season. Until Bobby was injured, we looked fine.