watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nigel Reo-Coker

Started by Mr Fulham, June 05, 2011, 02:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Decent player, still fairly young and available on a bosman. No brainer - Ali Mac, give it a go!

epsomraver

trouble maker at west ham and Villa, no thanks

Brede Butter Pudding

I think if O'Neil comes he'll bring Reo.

I'd also love him to bring Warnock.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 05, 2011, 02:33:24 PM

You're kidding aren't you? O'neil and Reocoker had a terrible relationship....they fell out and he only got regular game time again when O'neil left.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 05, 2011, 02:41:32 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 05, 2011, 02:33:24 PM

You're kidding aren't you? O'neil and Reocoker had a terrible relationship....they fell out and he only got regular game time again when O'neil left.

My bad  :doh:

MJG

I'm not in favour of the board buying or signing anyone while we have no manager, but saying that I would like Gera to hold off going to another club until its sorted.

VicHalomsLovechild

I want  Gera to stay so I can watch him score the winner  (overhead kick) in the final of the Europa.

tommy

Reo Coker would make a decent squad player for us, which we could do with in the centre of the park. He'd never start over Sidwell though.

panto

Prefer to give Dikgacio a proper go. The very little time he has been given I have thought he was ok also looked good when playing for South Africa at the World Cup.

Mr Fulham

Come on lads, Gera is 32 and has showed NOTHING this season.This MIGHT be because of Hughes.

If he was AJ he would be past it here. Hey guys, we aren't on the offal, so be realistic.

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 05, 2011, 05:38:11 PM
Come on lads, Gera is 32 and has showed NOTHING this season.This MIGHT be because of Hughes.

If he was AJ he would be past it here. Hey guys, we aren't on the offal, so be realistic.
you know what I really do believe it was because of Hughes. It was clear from the first few games that Hughes saw it as a toss up between Dempsey and Gera, and you could just tell he did not fancy Gera. Yes he did not do much when he had that run in the team, but then to be completly dropped from the squad while the two loanees took the space on the bench made it even clearer to me that he was a player Hughes did not want.
He may be 32 but really does age come into much at this level, 15 years ago if you were 31 you over the hill, we are seeing more and more players playing on. Good enough...then old enough.

Mr Fulham

Gera is no 'impact sub' and seemed to be too slow and out of position in Hughes' modern style of play. He was good with Bobby next to him but awful combined with every other offensive player. I think this is not enough to earn another contract.

I never thought he was as good as he was made here and I think it's time to leave and walk on.

SWwhite

I hope Gera stays.  You can't forget what he did last year, we can't just through him out.
Granted he wasn't good last season, and didn't fit into Hughes' style of play, but with a new manager comes a new chance.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: sidwell4england on June 05, 2011, 06:58:35 PM
I hope Gera stays.  You can't forget what he did last year, we can't just through him out.
Granted he wasn't good last season, and didn't fit into Hughes' style of play, but with a new manager comes a new chance.

Oh yeah, let's live in past and subjunctive! 085.gif

fulhamguy

Gera should go. We can probably get a younger player for less wages. Gera is over rated as far as I'm concerned. Dont know how he won player of the year for a few good european performances last year. As a wide player he is surpassed by Clint, Duff, Digger, Dembele and likewise up front by AJ, Dembele, Clint and Bobby.
COYW!

HatterDon

We have to face facts. Zoltan Gera is a better than average player who had a brilliant career year in 09-10 -- especially in Europe. This past season he returned to a better than average player who shouldn't start ahead of

Dempsey,
Duff,
Davies,
Dembele.

I've got no problem with the guy being romanticized, but he excelled in one segment of one season. The rest of the time here, he's been better than pretty good, but last season starting him instead of any of the 4 D's would have been a mistake. Look how well we did even having Zamora for only half a season and AJ for around 2/3rds. The club can get better, but I don't expect lightning to strike twice for Gera. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel