News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When did Alex Ferguson say Hodgson was one of his closest friends...

Started by Tktd, February 26, 2010, 01:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

On the managerial circuit?

Talk about coming out of the blue!

How long have they known each other etc?!..

FC Silver Fox

After 5 whiskies?   "You're my bestest friend, you are. 'ere, 'ave anuvver drink."
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

White Noise

Roy has referred to Alex as one of his oldest friends in football several times when we have played them. He is always supportive of Alex's situation and any problems he encounters.

I guess the two of them are in the minority having been in management 30 years plus each. You are bound to bump into each other a fair bit over that time.

Despite most people slagging Surralex and pretty much every other football manager - most are probably pretty good guys. Alex likes good red wine, the gee gees and football - whats not to like?

LRCN

Quote from: White Noise on February 26, 2010, 01:54:43 PM
Roy has referred to Alex as one of his oldest friends in football several times when we have played them. He is always supportive of Alex's situation and any problems he encounters.

I guess the two of them are in the minority having been in management 30 years plus each. You are bound to bump into each other a fair bit over that time.

Despite most people slagging Surralex and pretty much every other football manager - most are probably pretty good guys. Alex likes good red wine, the gee gees and football - whats not to like?

yeah he probably is, talked very well at bobby robson's funeral (another long term friend of roys I think) and he's known for helping out new managers to the game.

Rupert

I seem to recall Cookie saying, after we tonked them 3-1 at their place, that SAF had called him when he was appointed Fulham manger and offered any help or advice that he needed.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.