Fulham reject 10 million pound bid from Spurs for Dembele

Started by NorthernWhite, June 07, 2011, 11:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on June 08, 2011, 08:02:00 AM
Quote from: Airfix on June 08, 2011, 12:58:27 AM
Quote from: nevzter on June 07, 2011, 11:54:24 PM
Sipwell, thoughts?

Sippy always told me that Dembéléis motivated more by getting playing time than money.  He knows that he has talent and will, one day, be up there in a glittering team in the Champions League etc but he wants, above all, to play regularly and sees too many young players miss out by being on the bench all the time.  At the moment, Fulham suits him.  As soon as we don't, he'll be off.

That is absolutely the case. In a recent interview with a Belgian magazine he told that he was unhappy with the number of goals he scored in his first year Prem and that he needs to work on that. He wants to take it step by step. He would not go to a team where he cannot be offered regular (i.e. weekly) football. He's a bit like Messi in that respect: it doesn't matter how much you earn, as long as you can kick the ball around in competitive games!

Re: El Hamdaoui. I have always rated him as a fabulous football player. He has been killed by the media and the A'dam public because he was very unhappy he couldn't play. You cannot blame him: he was the top goalscorer in the Netherlands for quite some time but Ajax foolishly paid a ridiculous amount of money for another (and less good) striker. He is the one who is starting so El Hamdaoui thinks he has not been given a fair chance. El Hamdaoui has a Suarez-like profile (very good in the box). If you would look up old threads you would see that I have pleaded to get him in Fulham. I am never mistaken, am I? :P

El Hamdaoui seems like a no brainer to me - he is €5m or thereabouts and is a classy technical player. Also he has an excellent relationship with Dembele.

The perfect solution to our striker problem.

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 08, 2011, 08:50:08 AM

El Hamdaoui seems like a no brainer to me - he is €5m or thereabouts and is a classy technical player. Also he has an excellent relationship with Dembele.

Ajax would release him for 2,5 million!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on June 08, 2011, 09:14:40 AM

I cannot see a reason not to sign him!

Do it martin!

NorthernWhite

Quote from: sipwell on June 08, 2011, 09:14:40 AM

2.5 million could be a great deal. From memory that's around the same sort of money we paid for Eddie Johnson! With Kamara and Eddie Johnson gone now, we definately need at least one striker.

The Equalizer

That's it, El Hamdouei has now got the approval of the FoF masses and therefore will be signing for Fulham within the week.

:dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Senior Supporter

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 08, 2011, 09:55:19 AM
That's it, El Hamdouei has now got the approval of the FoF masses and therefore will be signing for Fulham within the week.

:dft012:

Whoa, whoa, not so fast. We need to know how to pronounce his name first. I've got the El bit, but is it Ham-do-eye?   :023: