watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa job still up for grabs

Started by epsomraver, June 10, 2011, 01:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Martinez has decided to stay at Wigan, Hughes in then?

Oakeshott

Good for Martinez and his Chairman. It was very possibly his Chairman's assurance when Wigan looked likely to go down last April that decided Martinez to stay put for the time being. Let's hope Hughes does get the Villa job now and we can off-laod his cronies.

What a contrast between the Wigan Chairman and the wankers at West Ham, who humiliated Grant early in the year and almost certainly de-stabilied the team.

The Doctor

Hmmm, interesting wording on the reports.  It's not that Martinez decided to stay, rather that Villa called off their pursuit as soon as they heard Martinez had verbally agreed an extension with Whelan (presumably prior to Villa's interest).  They seem to be making a habit of not following up initial interest.  Dare I suggest they've got someone else in mind but are at pains to be seen to be acting honourably?  We shall see...

Regarding Mr. Oakeshott's comments, I'd suggest the contrast reveals the motivations of the respective owners.  Whelan is someone who cares deeply about the club under his stewardship and acts accordingly.  Whereas that lot at West Ham are a bunch of attention seekers looking for an ego trip.  Or, as you succinctly put it, a bunch of merchants

finnster01

Rumours has it that FatFreddy has filed an application but because of the lack of sausages in Brum country he has had second thoughts.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

NorthernWhite

One by one Villa's (alleged) targets are not materialising. Soon there will only be one choice on their list left who is conveniently out of work.

Anyone have any idea's who that could be???

epsomraver

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

so what's wrong with Villa then? they have cash,they sell out most,if not every week-so why does nobody want the job? :001:

kirkoa

Why is the music playing while I'm talking?

NorthernWhite

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: finnster01 on June 10, 2011, 01:32:00 PM
Rumours has it that FatFreddy has filed an application but because of the lack of sausages in Brum country he has had second thoughts.

:011: Brilliant.   I'll give him some strong creamy cheese to make up for it.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

HatterDon

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 10, 2011, 03:04:20 PM
so what's wrong with Villa then? they have cash,they sell out most,if not every week-so why does nobody want the job? :001:

Julian, which manager is it that has said he doesn't want the job? I'm not sure if they've made a firm offer to anyone yet.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

I have always liked Martinez and more kudos to him for not running at what most would have thought would have been a "bigger" opportunity.

Villa must be really up a brown coloured creak without a paddle.

clintclintdeuce

Wonder if theyre waiting for the end of the Gold Cup.... please take Bob Bradley Villa!
The Dude abides.

Berserker

Still makes me wonder if they are waitng for Sparky to complete the 30 days notice at Fulham  :dft012:

Quote from: HatterDon on June 10, 2011, 03:42:00 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 10, 2011, 03:04:20 PM

Julian, which manager is it that has said he doesn't want the job? I'm not sure if they've made a firm offer to anyone yet.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.