News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think he'll pick any Fulham players for his testimonial?...

Started by Tktd, June 10, 2011, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

He spent a while here and must've made some good friends. Do you think he'll ask any of them to play in his testimonial or not?...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11906_6962110,00.html

The Rock

How washed up and passed it cam you be for testimonials? McBride or Coleman?

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WhiteJC

CorkedHat

I hope the money raised is going to charity. What would a millionaire footballer who is set up for life want with a testimonial? Give it to players or clubs who really need it 090.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 11, 2011, 08:32:28 AM
I hope the money raised is going to charity. What would a millionaire footballer who is set up for life want with a testimonial? Give it to players or clubs who really need it 090.gif

Completely agree.

"In the old days" it was more like a retirement whip-around given it was not a particularly well-paid career for most footballers at the time.

HatterDon

I don't think there's been a testimonial in the last 20 years that wasn't for one charity or another. it used to be the only decent payday a player ever got, but nowadays, it's just the event.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

My favorite on that front was when Claus Lundekvam got his testimonial for Southampton against Celtic and used 100,000 quid of his own money to relay the pitch so the match could go ahead as planned (after Bon Jovi fans destroyed it at a concert). Southampton was in so dire financial straits that they couldn't afford it themselves. They used that pitch all season after that.

Pretty hard to beat having to pay for your own testimonial, but nice to see their ex-captain for well over a decade rolling up his sleeves and doing something for the club he played for.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead