more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For Senor Ridgerider

Started by duffbeer, June 11, 2011, 01:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffbeer

Ridge, you said,
Quotewhatever your opinions or experiences are or whatever you can cull from the net it doesn't justify writing "They are all cheating scum... end of. "

Enough has been said.

Perhaps if you'd ever pay attention to the US MNT or the international game on your own continent you'd have a bit more understanding.  You would have seen Marquez simultaneously headbut and karate kick Cobi Jones, you'd have seen Marques kick Tim Howard in the leg, you'd have seen the Mexican players surround an injured Charlie Davies and start picking him up, you'd have seen a chokehold to Bennie Feilhaber, you'd have seen their coach trip an opposing player during the run of play, you'd have seen bags of piss and other bodily fluids hurled at our players and fans, etc.  Perhaps calling that cheating is a bit kind because I actually referred to one of their performances as a "gang rape".  

Did you not read Don say he hates El Tri?  When does Don ever say he hates anyone.  They are a team Ridge.  No one was saying they hate Mexico or the Mexican people.  Did you not hate the Dodgers?  You can hate a clean-cut perfect organization like the LA Dodgers, who by the way did more for the spirits of Mexican-Americans than any sporting organization via Fernando, but you cant understand how we can hate El Tri?

Please Ridge, one of these days, phone home.

clintclintdeuce

to be fair, i should have made it clear that way I feel about the vast majority El Tri. Ive been trying to comb the internet for a clip of Ochoa trying to slidetackle Jozy from behind while he was running to celebrate after we scored.

I still like Carlos Vela though! Wish wed get him into the black and white, and it doenst seem like Chicirito is cut from that old cloth.
The Dude abides.

RidgeRider

Quote from: duffbeer on June 11, 2011, 01:51:30 AM
Ridge, you said,
Quotewhatever your opinions or experiences are or whatever you can cull from the net it doesn't justify writing "They are all cheating scum... end of. "

Enough has been said.

Perhaps if you'd ever pay attention to the US MNT or the international game on your own continent you'd have a bit more understanding.  You would have seen Marquez simultaneously headbut and karate kick Cobi Jones, you'd have seen Marques kick Tim Howard in the leg, you'd have seen the Mexican players surround an injured Charlie Davies and start picking him up, you'd have seen a chokehold to Bennie Feilhaber, you'd have seen their coach trip an opposing player during the run of play, you'd have seen bags of piss and other bodily fluids hurled at our players and fans, etc.  Perhaps calling that cheating is a bit kind because I actually referred to one of their performances as a "gang rape".  

Did you not read Don say he hates El Tri?  When does Don ever say he hates anyone.  They are a team Ridge.  No one was saying they hate Mexico or the Mexican people.  Did you not hate the Dodgers?  You can hate a clean-cut perfect organization like the LA Dodgers, who by the way did more for the spirits of Mexican-Americans than any sporting organization via Fernando, but you cant understand how we can hate El Tri?

Please Ridge, one of these days, phone home.

Maureen, I am not going to debate you. You can think what you want of me, I can careless. The thread was verging on unreasonable. I can make a worse comment about the thread but a couple of posters would probably freak about it. If you had context of what one of the posters had had removed awhile back about MEXICANS and add in the generalized comments about their team as a whole. It is wrong in my view. I don't really care how Don feels about El Tri either. I'm not here to agree with opinions, just to maintain the spirit of the board. You don't have to agree with me.

In addition trying to suggest I am some kind of hypocrite, because I hate the Dodgers, is down right silly. My hate of Dodgers is simple team rivalry, not true hate. I have often touted that organization and only hate the uniform. Never their players or fans. Give me a break already.

RidgeRider

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 11, 2011, 01:56:55 AM
to be fair, i should have made it clear that way I feel about the vast majority El Tri. Ive been trying to comb the internet for a clip of Ochoa trying to slidetackle Jozy from behind while he was running to celebrate after we scored.

I still like Carlos Vela though! Wish wed get him into the black and white, and it doenst seem like Chicirito is cut from that old cloth.

Thanks CCD. I just dont want things to get out of hand.

YankeeJim

Guess I missed the tread that inspired this one. My issue with El Tri wasn't with Mexicans but with Mexican Americans.
I've just completed my 26th trip to Mexico. I find the Mexican people to be wonderful, funny & always polite. To frame it a bit, 25 trips ago, the first with my wife, she asked a really sweet Mexican bartender how come all the people "down here" were so nice. He smiled and said "senora, we send all our a..holes to America". He is right when it comes to football. About 2/3 rds of my industry is Mexican American and they are just like the folks south of the border until football comes into play. It seems that the sport is a major tie that they have with their home country. That being said, the Mexican team is full of cry babies & cheats. Addido is the order of the day. They owned CONCACAF  until the rise of our Nats. The central American teams hate them even more  then we do. Checked out the number of red cards and penalities that Mexico gets versus everyone else in CONCACAF. Last time around it took any number of soft fouls and two reds for the Mexicants to get by Panama. The Guats would shoot them if they could get away with it just as would El Salvador. 

To be fair, as I remember it, the bag of pee was in Costa Rico.

Hate is a bad word so just let me say that I hope that Mexico loses every game they play as well as USC, the Yankees & that Class A team, in San Fran.  :020:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

I   099.gif ing hate el tri! I would personally beat there mother  099.gif ing  099.gif!!! Can't stand them and they make my blood boil! They are cheap and dirty players!
Fulham for life!

finnster01

I'll say one thing though (as a neutral observer). For good or for worse, this kind of emotional debate would not have happened on a "soccer" forum 10 years ago.

I know a lot of the yanks have a problem with how the USNT is run just like we do not like the FA, but lets be honest: The US has come a long way and someone somewhere must be doing something right.  :clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

again, people have made their opinions known. Put the beer down Tom. This is being locked as well, please move on.