watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Demspey, USA v panama half time report.

Started by jarv, June 12, 2011, 02:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

If some of Clint's team mates don't start making an effort, our Clint will be knackered for the start of the season. Losing 2-0 CD seems to be battling single handed now.

Donovan? Waste of space, I have always said he was.

Bradley? No wonder he didn't get on the pitch at Villa.

USA gave away a penalty, one of the best you'll see, completely cleaned out his opponent. No need for it either, public park defending.

USA defending? 090.gif

Logicalman

Not much difference for the second 45 either!!

who was that 'striker' partnering Altidore - Agudelo? Who? He was missing for most of the first half, which means he was more prominent than the successful passing of that over-hyped, over-rated and over-paid Donovan (he should have stuck to singing).

If I hear another commentator telling me how good his passing was tonight, I'd have to question their sanity. Top quality passing? He couldn't pass gas successfully tonight. Like your good self, and it's well known, that my opinion of golden boy Donovan is about the same as my love of the blue poo.

The penalty was a complete joke, and Bradleys competence has to be brought up as to whether he has the skills to pick a defense at all. Sunday morning park defending was the right call for that lad Ream (he needs to be).

Unfortunately, and it has to be mentioned, that the three players above all play in the same league, unlike the other 8 starters, though the blame for the failure this evening cannot be laid only upon their shoulders. None of the US team particularly shone this evening. The only one, and I may be somewhat slightly biased in this opinion, was Dempsey who challenged for everything and was the only first half player willing to take a poke at goal, his two 'strikers' (and I use that term very loosely) up front of him, didn't have a clue.

oh well, time for kip I guess - with a somewhat heavy heart tonight, I expected so much more.

sipwell

I take it the USA-Mexico final will be for another edition?   :hook:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

jarv

Agree with everything Tony. A medoicre Dempsey was still the best player on the park. (by far).

RidgeRider

Quote from: sipwell on June 12, 2011, 11:20:09 AM
I take it the USA-Mexico final will be for another edition?   :hook:

Sure looks like it.

Really disappointing.

Logicalman

Quote from: FLETCHINO on June 12, 2011, 02:50:26 PM
So are USA out?

Nope, but we are in danger of being so.

Tuesday are the final two matches. Current standings are:
Panama 6pts, GD of 2
USA 3pts, GD of 1
Canada 3pts, GD of -1
Guadeloupe 0pts, GD of -2.

Panama play Canada and USA play Guadeloupe both on Tuesday.

If USA win and Canada win, then Canada need to gain a GD of 3 across both matches (2 won't do them any good as the teams will then be on same points and same GD, and because USA beat Canada in the group stage they will go through).

Basically we need Panama to beat Canada, and then the US just need a draw or loss by 1 goal to go through in second place.

.. and you thought the last day of the prem was complicated !!!