watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is this all about?

Started by FFCcravencottage, June 14, 2011, 06:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCcravencottage

I'm talking about the fixtures are out on Friday but they can't be published, why is that?
We`re ALL Behind Jol!
The fixtures for the new season come out on Friday and as usual we are, courtesy of some farcical legislation, unable to publish them.But no doubt Martin Jol will be giving them some close scrutiny as he waits to embark on his first season in charge of our fine club.

There could be exciting times ahead, especially so when you consider Jol`s experiences in the Premier League with Spurs.

With our poll closed a matter of minutes ago, a poll in which we asked if you thought Jol would be a success at Craven Cottage, a huge 82% believe that he will with a very small 7% reckoning it`ll not be quite the success we all hope it will be.

As usual, we have a percentage, in this case 11%, that are not willing to offer immediate judgment and opted to go for the remains to be seen option.

But, on reflection, it`s great to see that Martin appears to have the backing of the Fulham faithful

Oops forgot to give the link http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=244383

TonyGilroy

Copyright.

It's how eventually the Football League was able to obtain payment from the pools companies for the use of the fixture list.

Very briefly in about 1938 the fixture list was abandoned and fixtures kept secret until late Friday so as to prevent their use. Even the clubs didn't know who or where they were playing until Thursday or Friday.

Not a scheme that lasted long for fairly obvious reasons.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 14, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
Copyright.

It's how eventually the Football League was able to obtain payment from the pools companies for the use of the fixture list.

Very briefly in about 1938 the fixture list was abandoned and fixtures kept secret until late Friday so as to prevent their use. Even the clubs didn't know who or where they were playing until Thursday or Friday.

Not a scheme that lasted long for fairly obvious reasons.
I've got to say I've never even realised that it ever happened :doh:

Jimpav

So when will they be published?

They were definitely released on 17 June last year but the season had finished earlier what with the world cup being on.

FC Silver Fox

Doesn't make much difference when they're published given that so many home games will be switched to a Monday evening anyway.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Doctor

Quote from: Jimpav on June 14, 2011, 11:27:00 PM
So when will they be published?

They were definitely released on 17 June last year but the season had finished earlier what with the world cup being on.

They will be published on Friday.  Just not on Vital Football, as they haven't paid the League's copyright fee.  Clubs and media organisations have, and so they'll be able to publish the fixtures.

FC Silver Fox

ooh-err. Does that mean that if we publish the Fulham fixture list in this forum, we'll be in breach of copyright?   I suppose we'll have to say that this is the alleged fixture list.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Doctor

I seem to remember talk of a website some years ago who worked out every possible permutation of the fixture list and published all of them the day before the official fixtures were released.  Maybe that could be a solution?  Shouldn't be too hard - after all the official fixture lists are compiled on a laptop

Or we could just link through to the fixture list page on FFC's website

WhiteJC

http://premierleague.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/108

Licenses for the Barclays Premier League table/ fixture list
Published 17/06/2008 11.28 AM   |    Updated 12/03/2010 12.31 PM

Do I need a license to publish the Barclays Premier League table/ fixture list on my website?
You may only publish the Barclays Premier League table/ fixtures or post them on a website when in posession of a license purchased from our sister company, Football DataCo. They have a provision for the use of the competition logo in conjunction with fixture data only. You can email them at the following address [email protected] .

The Equalizer

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 15, 2011, 10:18:21 AM
http://premierleague.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/108

Licenses for the Barclays Premier League table/ fixture list
Published 17/06/2008 11.28 AM   |    Updated 12/03/2010 12.31 PM

Do I need a license to publish the Barclays Premier League table/ fixture list on my website?
You may only publish the Barclays Premier League table/ fixtures or post them on a website when in posession of a license purchased from our sister company, Football DataCo. They have a provision for the use of the competition logo in conjunction with fixture data only. You can email them at the following address [email protected] .

Meh, you can easily get around that. Just use Twitter!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

There is absolutely NO WAY that I will be creating an Outlook uploader with all of our fixtures on it.

No sirree.

Not a chance.

You should definitely NOT message me if you want a copy of what I won't be producing as I will not be able to supply it (as I won't have produced it).

:dft012:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on June 15, 2011, 11:02:47 AM
There is absolutely NO WAY that I will be creating an Outlook uploader with all of our fixtures on it.

No sirree.

Not a chance.

You should definitely NOT message me if you want a copy of what I won't be producing as I will not be able to supply it (as I won't have produced it).

Will you also not produce a copy that works on the iPhone?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Why all the worry?, wait until Sky have had their play with them first and then plan.

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 15, 2011, 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: Airfix on June 15, 2011, 11:02:47 AM

No sirree.

Not a chance.

Will you also not produce a copy that works on the iPhone?

If I can't work out how...

King_Crud

Quote from: epsomraver on June 15, 2011, 11:40:29 AM
Why all the worry?, wait until Sky have had their play with them first and then plan.

so a week before the game then?

epsomraver

Quote from: King_Crud on June 15, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on June 15, 2011, 11:40:29 AM

so a week before the game then?

Sunday or Thursday while in Europa, then noon Saturday 5.30 Saturday noon Sunday 8 oclock Monday, easy to plan, what's the problem, who needs the fans there :dead horse: