watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matthew Briggs...Arsenal

Started by mike_f, June 14, 2011, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_f

6 milion as a replacement for Clcihy dstm...

clintclintdeuce

Not a bad bit of business, but if he succeds in Europe we could get Smalling money for him possibly?
The Dude abides.

Brede Butter Pudding

mike_f

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 14, 2011, 10:44:08 PM
This from someone ITK?
Top quality source but obviously can't reveal it.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: mike_f on June 14, 2011, 10:48:02 PM
This from someone ITK?

Yeah, I've been reading the TIFF board too.   :dft012:

RidgeRider

Quote from: Senior Supporter on June 14, 2011, 11:11:52 PM
Quote from: mike_f on June 14, 2011, 10:48:02 PM
This from someone ITK?

Yeah, I've been reading the TIFF board too.   :dft012:

Hah! I looked there too and guess what? some dude starting a rumor about this story. Go figure.

Snibbo

No its true. And you'll read about it in the Sun / Star / People / Chroncle / Grauniad / Tele within the next week.

Now, I'm just off to the Arsenal forum to tell them about it. :dft012:

sipwell

Was a "package of sarcasm" a free gift this morning on the London Underground?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

SouthfieldWhite

There is alot of truth in this, trust me, Briggsy is a Southfields boy and ive heard the same

ffc_since1879

No chance in my opinion. They'll look for a more established player to replace Clichy. Hopefully Briggs will get more playing time this season though. Could cement his place if so.

elgreenio

Quote from: ffc_since1879 on June 15, 2011, 03:02:56 PM
No chance in my opinion. They'll look for a more established player to replace Clichy. Hopefully Briggs will get more playing time this season though. Could cement his place if so.

exactly this. They'll look at somebody who can step in and do a job now (have already made an £8m offer for Joe Enrique). Not to mention he'll likely become a centre back, and he didnt fare too well in our 2 games against Arsenal this season (I know he came off injured at the Emirates but he hardly covered himself in glory before that)
touch my camera through the fence

Andy_M

Has everyone else overlooked the one obvious fact ..... that they already have a replacement for Clichy should he leave in Kieran Gibbs?
@got_maile

elgreenio

Gibbs is massively injury prone and is a worse defender than Clichy at the moment, which is why they are going proven (namely Enrique), instead of young (Briggs)
touch my camera through the fence

ffc_since1879

Quote from: Andy_M on June 15, 2011, 04:02:03 PM
Has everyone else overlooked the one obvious fact ..... that they already have a replacement for Clichy should he leave in Kieran Gibbs?

That is a very good point and indeed one that I had overlooked :-)

Scrumpy

Quote from: elgreenio on June 15, 2011, 03:06:15 PM
Quote from: ffc_since1879 on June 15, 2011, 03:02:56 PM

exactly this. They'll look at somebody who can step in and do a job now (have already made an £8m offer for Joe Enrique). Not to mention he'll likely become a centre back, and he didnt fare too well in our 2 games against Arsenal this season (I know he came off injured at the Emirates but he hardly covered himself in glory before that)

Well I have also heard (from someone within The Club) that this is definately happening. Briggs to Arsenal for £5million up front, plus add ons later depending on experiences. There seems to be alot of separate sources confirming this one.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

....................................but they will need a replacement for Gibbs .................
and Briggs is young and British