watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol - 'embarrassed by transfer links'

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, June 17, 2011, 09:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Good news for those who want younger signings!

Fulham boss rules out move for Blackpool and Spurs strikers

NEW boss Martin Jol has told friends he is 'embarrassed' by some of the players being linked with Fulham.

The Dutchman has made it plain he wants a younger Whites outfit for his first campaign - and 29-year-old DJ Campbell, taking the drop with Blackpool after lasting just one season in the Premiership, is the latest name to leave Jol cold.

The Hammersmith-born striker's agent is unlikely to get the call, and those purporting to represent 30-year-old Robbie Keane can also expect short shrift.

Jol and Keane were previously together at Spurs but that was five years ago - and the Irishman was offered to former Fulham manager Mark Hughes without managing to arouse interest either.

"Martin is a little embarrassed by some of the players Fulham have been linked with," said an insider this week.

"The truth is he wants a younger team of quality that can cope with an exacting Europa League and Premiership campaign."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/17/fulham-boss-rules-out-move-for-blackpool-and-spurs-strikers-82029-28894576/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1PWITQxbc

aFFCn_Fan

@hincharoo

Chopper

Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Fernhurst

Thank the Lord, Tom and Maarten.
I was shifting uncomfortably in my seat at thought of those candidates!

Willard

So, this means, presumably, that we won't be swopping Moussa Dembele and £15m for any three Spurs players that 'arry wants to get rid of!

Let's hope that this report has the ring of truth unlike some of the speculative rubbish that has been pumped out by the reptiles of the press.

The Doctor

There's a surprise - the media creating a story for themselves

White Noise

If youth means under-25 then thats rules out everyone we have been linked with save the kids.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Doctor on June 17, 2011, 10:31:24 AM
There's a surprise - the media creating a story for themselves

It was written by Paul Warburton who is usually pretty spot on about these kind of things.

Hopefully it means we will not be buying over-priced Spurs rejects. There is no value in the premier league anymore!

Lighthouse

Not sure who this insider is but it makes sense. First time I have actually warmed to our new manager, Good on him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Oh I so hope that is true, I've been quite concerned about some of the players we've been linked to  077.gif
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Berserker on June 17, 2011, 11:13:53 AM
Oh I so hope that is true, I've been quite concerned about some of the players we've been linked to  077.gif

Agreed - now I can finally turn around to my Spurs supporting flatmate and tell him to stick Robbie Keane in his pipe and smoke it!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I would still like to see someone like Niko Kranjcar.

How I dream of players like Christian Eriksen... :(

epsomraver

t was written by Paul Warburton who is usually pretty spot on about these kind of things.he is a total muppet who is a sun reject, total tw*t and that is being polite

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on June 17, 2011, 12:20:43 PM
t was written by Paul Warburton who is usually pretty spot on about these kind of things.he is a total muppet who is a sun reject, total tw*t and that is being polite

I thought he was the guy who wan ITK about Fulham?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on June 17, 2011, 12:01:54 PM
I would still like to see someone like Niko Kranjcar.

How I dream of players like Christian Eriksen... :(

Get real, the lad is out of our league. Even out of our galaxy, if you want.

I still liked the idea of DJ Campbell for 1.25m. Would have been a decent move.

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 17, 2011, 12:23:54 PM

Mickey Adams threw him out of the club and banned him, He once asked graham Taylor after we had beat his Watford team, 5-0  " can you not admire the style of football that Fulham played?" I cannot print the answer he got apart from "Clown"

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on June 17, 2011, 01:32:32 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 17, 2011, 12:23:54 PM

Mickey Adams threw him out of the club and banned him, He once asked graham Taylor after we had beat his Watford team, 5-0  " can you not admire the style of football that Fulham played?" I cannot print the answer he got apart from "Clown"

That is a great question to ask Graham Taylor.

FulhamMic

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 17, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

A soon to be thirty journey man (9 clubs and counting) bought for a little over a million from a recently relegated Blackpool would not be seen as a step in the right direction for either Jol or the club.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamMic on June 17, 2011, 01:43:42 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 17, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

A soon to be thirty journey man (9 clubs and counting) bought for a little over a million from a recently relegated Blackpool would not be seen as a step in the right direction for either Jol or the club.

He scored 13 goals last season and had a great campaign. Couldn't care less about his age considering that he'd be a cheap squad player with ability to score. We didn't have too many goalscorers recently, did we?