watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just wanted to say................

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, June 17, 2011, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

My dad took me when I was very young but was never interested until I watched us beat Stoke 2-0 and then a week later Preston 5-3. This was back in September 1978 when I was 11 yo. Since then have seen all the highs and lows and last years european run and  final was pay back time for all the lows.
Have had ST on all four sides of the ground at some time or another and now find myself in the putney end. I miss the enclosure if i'm honest, always good banter there, and also the five years in H Block was fun.

The Equalizer

This is going to be my 27th year in Black and White. Not bad for a 35 year old. First game against the filth in '85. That year was also famous for 3 songs called The Power of Love as well as my all time favourite A View To A Kill.

Possibly my favourite year of all time!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 18, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
This is going to be my 27th year in Black and White. Not bad for a 35 year old. First game against the filth in '85. That year was also famous for 3 songs called The Power of Love as well as my all time favourite A View To A Kill.

Possibly my favourite year of all time!
you're only 35? :hook: . I was working at United International Pictures in Hammersmith then at went to the Premier of View to a kill  :008:

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on June 18, 2011, 05:00:06 AM
Quote from: jarv on June 18, 2011, 04:45:25 AM
51 years. Moved to Southfields and I can remember details of a lot of things like it was yesterday. The small flat we moved into. The cafe across from the tube station. Greengrocers down the street. Used tennis balls for sale outside the tube during Wimbledon. Playing football in the park. The walk through Bishops park, Johnny Haynes, Graham Leggat. The joy of buying a program, none of this match day magazine nonsense. etc etc.

:clap_hands: You left out the burger stand in Bishops Park. Highlight of the day for a young lad.

Don't remember that Finn,although I only had enough for the turnstiles and a bag of Percy Daltons so would not have noticed, seem to remember one by the park gates in Stevenage road, is that the one you mean ?  you could only go through the park before dark so long walk back in the winter, remember a police horse bit my straw coloured hair whilst lining up one day outside the ground, got no sympathy at all from the copper when I told him, that started the bald patch ( that's my story) , also we used to bunk over the fence at cut through the park at night after the game to cut the long corner off, a keeper jumped out and grabbed my cousin who reacted and the keeper went back wards into a bush, when we got to the arch at the bridge end there was two coppers there, we were convinced they were after us All points alert , so we had to go all the way back and climb out further down the road and leg it for the station, those were the days!