watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just wanted to say................

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, June 17, 2011, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

that this coming season will be my 10th season as a Fulham fan,this club has changed my life for the better,no big deal in the wider world,but it means something to me :dft012:

Adam87

Congrats fella, its amazing how many people get the most enjoyment in life from their clubs in sport, its been one hell of a ride in the last few years, its been great to be a fulham fan, espically in the last few years since the great escape (Well the last 1/4 of that season anyway!!!!). :dft011:

FFCcravencottage

The start of my 51st season, 7 years old in the enclosure with my mum and my dad in the K block Stevenage rd stand (Johnny Haynes stand) I am not saying my dad was tight but he got the season ticket we got the enclosure LOL

clintclintdeuce

This is the 7th season for me... 2004-05 was when I started.. thats almost all of my adult life.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 17, 2011, 08:35:07 PM
The start of my 51st season, 7 years old in the enclosure with my mum and my dad in the K block Stevenage rd stand (Johnny Haynes stand) I am not saying my dad was tight but he got the season ticket we got the enclosure LOL
The Enclosure was by far the best part of the ground, especially right up by the Cottage and the away fans  :028: . After that H Block is the way forward if not allowed to stand.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 17, 2011, 09:20:24 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 17, 2011, 08:35:07 PM
The Enclosure was by far the best part of the ground, especially right up by the Cottage and the away fans  :028: . After that H Block is the way forward if not allowed to stand.
LOL yeah that is where me and my mum stood just at the cottage end, that's when the players dug out's were in front of the Enclosure in the middle, not on the Riverside.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 17, 2011, 06:58:08 PM
that this coming season will be my 10th season as a Fulham fan,this club has changed my life for the better,no big deal in the wider world,but it means something to me :dft012:

Well done mate. I have to say that you have picked a damn good 10 years! Don't expect this kind of success for ever!

I agree with you that life is really much better with Fulham. Just realised I have managed 29 years. Yikes! 092.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

finnster01

40+ years of squeaky bum takes its toll
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 17, 2011, 11:13:36 PM

Well done mate. I have to say that you have picked a damn good 10 years! Don't expect this kind of success for ever!

I agree with you that life is really much better with Fulham. Just realised I have managed 29 years. Yikes! 092.gif
By my drunken calculations i have you beat by two or three years or you have me beat by about seven. Brighton at home lost 1-0, then Palace at home 0-0 either 78 or 79  :028:

Scrumpy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 18, 2011, 12:17:58 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on June 17, 2011, 11:13:36 PM

By my drunken calculations i have you beat by two or three years or you have me beat by about seven. Brighton at home lost 1-0, then Palace at home 0-0 either 78 or 79  :028:

.....urm, that's over 30 years mate! Yes, you win that one. Millwall at home in 1981 for me. Nice friendly affair!

FatFreddysCat

Sorry Scrumpy tried to quote you a couple of times but kept getting that jilty up and down crap  (is it just me?). Anyhow 81? you glory hunter, my first season which apparently was a very good one, i saw us lose 1-0 to Brighton and draw 0-0 with Palace. That was the only two games i saw that season nd no goals scored, the next season i went to loads of games and we got relegated and Chris Guthrie was crap  :035:

Scrumpy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 18, 2011, 12:39:52 AM
Sorry Scrumpy tried to quote you a couple of times but kept getting that jilty up and down crap  (is it just me?). Anyhow 81? you glory hunter, my first season which apparently was a very good one, i saw us lose 1-0 to Brighton and draw 0-0 with Palace. That was the only two games i saw that season nd no goals scored, the next season i went to loads of games and we got relegated and Chris Guthrie was crap  :035:
:Haynes The Maestro:

Mr Fulham

Fulham fan since 2000.....and I'm 20 now.  093.gif

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 18, 2011, 12:45:21 AM
Fulham fan since 2000.....and I'm 20 now.  093.gif
Mr Fulham all of us was new fans at some stage, i still remember looking at the Greenpole as an 11 year old with total awe, then i was allowed to go with mates and moved to the edge of the holy grail, then i become a bit of a geezer left the gay Hammy end and moved to the Enclosure  :028:

jarv

51 years. Moved to Southfields and I can remember details of a lot of things like it was yesterday. The small flat we moved into. The cafe across from the tube station. Greengrocers down the street. Used tennis balls for sale outside the tube during Wimbledon. Playing football in the park. The walk through Bishops park, Johnny Haynes, Graham Leggat. The joy of buying a program, none of this match day magazine nonsense. etc etc.

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on June 18, 2011, 04:45:25 AM
51 years. Moved to Southfields and I can remember details of a lot of things like it was yesterday. The small flat we moved into. The cafe across from the tube station. Greengrocers down the street. Used tennis balls for sale outside the tube during Wimbledon. Playing football in the park. The walk through Bishops park, Johnny Haynes, Graham Leggat. The joy of buying a program, none of this match day magazine nonsense. etc etc.

:clap_hands: You left out the burger stand in Bishops Park. Highlight of the day for a young lad.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Supermitch

43 years - first game Sept 1968, and now over 1200 games home and away.

Many downs (91st in the bottom tier, the 0-10 at Liverpool, Fulham Park Rangers etc) but many highs as well (Tigana's fantastic side in the Championship, Great Escape at Portsmouth, the Europa journey).  What has been constant in this though is the friendship made through Fulham  082.gif

Burt

37 years and still going strong!

Used to stand in the end that Fulham were playing towards, in the days when you had complete freedom of the ground. Then to the Hammy End when segregation came in (my brother with the lads at the green pole, little ol' me nearer the bottom). The taller I got the closer to the green pole I got! Then the standing part of the Enclosure near the away end, and now H block in the JH stand.

Got my son in to it too. He is 13 years old, and has been going for 8 years.

cebu

This is my 50th season of Fulham addiction. I try unsuccessfully not to get too nostalgic about the old days, freedom to stand and move freely around 3 quarters of the ground, getting soaked to the skin, the smell of roasted peanuts, so many heroes of the past - sadly no longer with us ... could this be an age thing?

epsomraver

Quote from: jarv on June 18, 2011, 04:45:25 AM
I started in 1963 , my cousin moved to Southfields from Putney  where we were both born in 52 Schubert road East Putney and I had moved to   Battersea, I used to cycle up to his place in Allenswood house up Albert Drive ( couldn't walk up it now let alone cycle up it )  and we used to go on the rattler to the match from Southfields, after the match I used to help him to do his paper round all along the main road down to Bathgate, happy days after that we used to bunk in the flea pit opposite the station, one paid to get in and then opened the fire exit, worked well most times!