watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charleston, SC

Started by Supermitch, June 17, 2011, 10:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermitch

Anyone from South Carolina on here at all?  We're due to be there for a week in the middle of next month and I noticed that Charleston Battery are at home to Wilmington Hammerheads on evening whilst we're there!  Obviously want to take it in - any idea on the standard?  I guess it'll be on a par with our second tier non league - any views welcome.

clintclintdeuce

Im a way bit down in Jacksonville. I love that city though, great times.
The Dude abides.

Logicalman

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 19, 2011, 12:13:39 AM

so when you coming back 'home' up north then CCD?

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Logicalman on June 19, 2011, 01:25:10 AM

Im actually due in Detroit next week for a long weekend, but I dont suppose Ill be moving back any time soon.
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

If I can find work in London, thatl be my next move.
The Dude abides.

Logicalman

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 19, 2011, 01:43:02 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 19, 2011, 01:25:10 AM

Im actually due in Detroit next week for a long weekend, but I dont suppose Ill be moving back any time soon.

well if you make it a few miles south, i'll stand you a drink mate

mccscratch

Quote from: Supermitch on June 17, 2011, 10:36:27 PM
Anyone from South Carolina on here at all?  We're due to be there for a week in the middle of next month and I noticed that Charleston Battery are at home to Wilmington Hammerheads on evening whilst we're there!  Obviously want to take it in - any idea on the standard?  I guess it'll be on a par with our second tier non league - any views welcome.

Hi Supermitch,

I live in Atlanta now but spent a few years in Charleston out of college and travel back at least once a year in the Summer. It is a delightful town and so much to see and do.

As for the Battery... you are under selling them in regards to the level. The Battery are actually quite good, I would put them on the Conference or League 2 level. They got all the way to the finals of the US Open Cup in 2008 which is our version the FA Cup and lost 2-1 to DC United. They have an absolutely wonderful ground (with an onsite pub called the Three Lions) pictured below and get wonderful support from the local community.

If I can recommend one thing to you when visiting Charleston in the Summer... wear very breathable cotton clothes as you will sweat a lot but everyone does and it is not something people look down upon in restaurants etc.

http://www.buyhomesincharleston.com/img/Recreation/charleston%20battery.jpg
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise