Main Menu

Oi Freddy,

Started by Blingo, June 21, 2011, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 21, 2011, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 21, 2011, 09:49:00 PM
Quote from: Blingo on June 21, 2011, 09:42:48 PM
I live in Gib and spain ffc so know where to get it freshly made m8. Still got to cook it tho.
Just rememberd i've had it heated up in Pealla many a time, though the shell on prawns wind me up, take the shells of for  christ sake.
Stop whingeing the only prawns not peeled are the decoration on the top, and yes lots of Paella's have chorizo in them.
http://spanishfood.about.com/od/sausages/a/chorizotypes.htm
Had  bit of a domestic in Tenerife, went out for a meal in a brand new white shirt, peeled a prawn that squirted blood on my top, being in a foul mood i almost kicked off with the manager and a few looky looky men, needless to say no snide sunlasses were bought that night.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 21, 2011, 10:01:03 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 21, 2011, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 21, 2011, 09:49:00 PM
I live in Gib and spain ffc so know where to get it freshly made m8. Still got to cook it tho.
Just rememberd i've had it heated up in Pealla many a time, though the shell on prawns wind me up, take the shells of for  christ sake.
Stop whingeing the only prawns not peeled are the decoration on the top, and yes lots of Paella's have chorizo in them.
http://spanishfood.about.com/od/sausages/a/chorizotypes.htm
Had  bit of a domestic in Tenerife, went out for a meal in a brand new white shirt, peeled a prawn that squirted blood on my top, being in a foul mood i almost kicked off with the manager and a few looky looky men, needless to say no snide sunlasses were bought that night.
Don't you just reminded me of a bird that used to suck all that  :020: out of a Prawn that is sick.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Blingo on June 21, 2011, 09:50:34 PM
Fredster, i only eat prawns if they are bought fresh, (grey and uncooked). All the others have no taste m8.
100% right not even those supposedly fresh frozen prawns are any good, all of them have lost the flavour unless 100% fresh.
I live next to a small fishing village Garrucha can't beat it for any fresh fish meals, lol just can't afford them that often.

FFCcravencottage

I know La Linea very well :022:

Blingo

FFC I have a house in Sotogrande but I do own two appts in La Linea also ;)

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Blingo on June 21, 2011, 10:23:54 PM
FFC I have a house in Sotogrande but I do own two appts in La Linea also ;)
I won't ask any more then LOL

Steve_orino

There are 15 or more pages of 'Food Discussion' in the Exiles section...it won't hurt to check it out, even if you're not an Exile/Overseas.

Here in Texas, love me some chorizo!  Cook it with eggs, add some salsa & guac & as Mr. Finn added, an ESB, and you have an All-Mexican/American/British breakfast!  079.gif
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Senior Supporter

We've always called sausages wrapped in bacon "pigs in blankets" in my family Freddie. Incidentally, which is the best way to cook sausages, fried, grilled or baked? I don't usually fry them, but did so tonight, and thought they retained a better flavour than when grilled.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Senior Supporter on June 21, 2011, 10:44:11 PM
We've always called sausages wrapped in bacon "pigs in blankets" in my family Freddie. Incidentally, which is the best way to cook sausages, fried, grilled or baked? I don't usually fry them, but did so tonight, and thought they retained a better flavour than when grilled.
Either way SS sausages are superb, but i usually put them on the hot plate just to be   bit healthier, but they take forever to cook  :035:

Blingo

Get the missus to go out and put them on the hot plate 5 mins b4 you get there.....end of wait lol lol lol

The Equalizer

Chorizo is beautiful when chopped and sauteed in red wine. Gorgeous!

Fredster, I think I might have asked this before, but have you ever tried boerewors? Slow cook it on a BBQ (never burn on a flame), serve in a roll with some Mrs Balls chutney. Gorgeous, and even you'd have trouble eating a whole one.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FC Silver Fox

My favourite chorizo recipe comes from Nigella Lawson.  Give it a try. Its easy and delicious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizo_and_chickpea_29607
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

finnster01

Mr Eq,
That sausage looks suspiciously like what I found in my toilet this morning...  089.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

Question is Finny.........WHO LEFT IT THERE?

The Equalizer

Quote from: finnster01 on June 22, 2011, 11:54:39 AM
Mr Eq,
That sausage looks suspiciously like what I found in my toilet this morning...  089.gif

Well if you can get beyond that thought, it's well worth trying!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

jarv

All this talk of sausages. Can't wait for next week, flying home to Scotland for a few days which means a few fry ups. Have to be careful though due to a mini stroke 2 months ago. Diet is strict.
Can;t get decent bacon in USA but a chain known as Wholefoods make their own Brit style sausages. They are like the real thing. (Standard American sausges have big lumps in them, often grissly too). Acceptable at  bbq cook out though :54: