Main Menu

Hughes-watch

Started by Airfix, June 22, 2011, 10:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Has he got a job yet?

:005:

The Equalizer

I hear that NSI Runavik are looking for someone to manage the side and the local pub.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FC Silver Fox

I heard he was managing a flock of sheep just outside Aberystwyth.

FC Silver Fox, doing a Nogood Boyo now, is it?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Doctor

I'm going to be job-hunting from the end of this month.  I'm setting myself the target of being in work before Mark Hughes.

Once I have accomplished this, I may well stand outside his house (does he still have a place in Fulham?) in my Fulham shirt singing "I've got a job, I've got a job, you've not, you've not".  After office hours, obviously...

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 22, 2011, 10:53:33 AM

So the Taffia are sitting in a field in Aberystwyth?

Dixie

Would have liked him to have got the Villa job - then we could have tonked them on the first day of the season! That would have been sweet.
All the vacancies are being filled now, so you have got to wonder - why did he resign?
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

TonyGilroy

I think his agent f***ed it up for him when he made it clear that Fulham was far too small a club for Hughes who deserved much better.

We're now at least as good as all but the non Champions League contenders so Joorabchian was telling the likes of Villa that they also were beneath his client.

Hughes may take on a failing Prem team next season and look desperate or he'll have to go abroard and hope to impress there.

MJG

I think he needs to go abroad now as I can't see any club touching him at the moment.
Spain would be an option for him as he played there but again it would not be a top club just a mid table team, but hey tha'ts what he's good at.

JBH

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 22, 2011, 10:53:33 AM

I've just heard that he has just moved Farm in Neath because it was a bigger farm with more Sheep  086.gif

finnster01

There's still a few vacancies down the rd. Don't think he'll get the managers job but possibly assistant to Hiddink.

If that fails he's off to Germany I reckon
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

What the concentration camp ???????

Dixie

Quote from: finnster01 on June 22, 2011, 11:43:22 AM
There's still a few vacancies down the rd. Don't think he'll get the managers job but possibly assistant to Hiddink.

If that fails he's off to Germany I reckon

Villas Boas looks like he's going to get that job. Don't think Hughes is going to want to be Asst to someone with 2 years management experience...
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

HatterDon

uh, guys; he CAN'T get a job until July 1
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

OldBrownShoe

Seeing as Hughton is on his way to Birmingham City, perhaps Jol might ask Hughes to become his number 2!  :005:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

FatFreddysCat

Sadly we need him to get a job so he can take his very well paid backroom stff of our wagebill. Why were they given two year contracts whilst hughes only had one  :032:

Burt

He was touting his wares around the UAE last week...

WHITEwitch

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 22, 2011, 03:15:00 PM
Sadly we need him to get a job so he can take his very well paid backroom stff of our wagebill. Why were they given two year contracts whilst hughes only had one  :032:

Cos MAF wants to expand our badger population.  Three new suits being made for the Europa cup games.

sunburywhite

Consider this

MAF wanted Jol but could not get him last year.
We are lead to believe we kept in touch with Jol for the last 12 months
Hughes was on a 12 month contract which suited MH and MAF
Jol said to MAF "I am free - thats for schuure"
MAF thought thats handy, we can dump Hughes and get Jol, hence the talks "broke down"
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

finnster01

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 22, 2011, 09:16:16 PM
Consider this

MAF wanted Jol but could not get him last year.
We are lead to believe we kept in touch with Jol for the last 12 months
Hughes was on a 12 month contract which suited MH and MAF
Jol said to MAF "I am free - thats for schuure"
MAF thought thats handy, we can dump Hughes and get Jol, hence the talks "broke down"

And  079.gif will fly
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sunburywhite

Something happened that we don't know about

It is often the way on these things
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me