watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland again doing the business.

Started by finnster01, June 23, 2011, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

My Norwegian mate just sent me this (Sorry about Google translate throwing a few wrenches in the wheels). Looks like our Brede is doing a fantastic job with kids whilst on vacation. What is there not to like about the big man (other than shouldn't he report back soon ?)

Here is Hangeland as a new football ambassador taking over from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Brede Hangeland surrounded by the talents of Lassa in Stavanger on Wednesday afternoon.

By: Bernhard Veland
Wednesday was the start of the annual talentleiren for the country's best 14-year-olds at Lassa in Stavanger.

Formerly known as Solskjaer Academy and was held in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hometown of Kristiansund, but has now moved to Stavanger and the plant to Brede Hangelands's original old club, Vidar.

National team captain has taken over as ambassador for Solskjaer the Molde coach, and met Wednesday afternoon the 36 (18 boys, 18 girls) soccer talents to train for the ride to Sunday.

- I am 30 years now, and you 14 I would like to switch to experience the journey again. It has been amazing , said the Fulham player to the young congregation.

- It's about taking one step at a time and look up to those who may be older and better than you. You will also get paid to do something exclusive - that no one else does, said Hangeland.

Football manager and former national coach Nils Johan Semb was also in place. He led the first session for the boys.

- This is the first age cohort where there are national collections. Some go all the way, while there are many who do not , says Semb to Aftenbladet.

Brede Hangeland admitted that he had not been picked for such a collection of 14-year-old.

- Neither Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would have it, but it's not just about football talent, but about personality, said Semb.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

This one line says it all to me:

"It's about taking one step at a time and look up to those who may be older and better than you."

Somebody send some flowers to his parents.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Snibbo

Whilst I went off Roy when he buggered off to Liverpool, his signing of Brede was possibly the most important thing to happen to the club in the last 10 or more years.  A great player, a role model, a thoughtful, intelligent, compassionate man, a complete footballer and a complete human being.

ElissonSnygg

Snibbo just said it perfectly. One of the most important player to have on the field today in Fulham.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Snibbo on June 23, 2011, 07:16:23 AM
Whilst I went off Roy when he buggered off to Liverpool, his signing of Brede was possibly the most important thing to happen to the club in the last 10 or more years.  A great player, a role model, a thoughtful, intelligent, compassionate man, a complete footballer and a complete human being.

Completely, he set the tone in defence that ultimately reshaped the Fulham team. One of my favourite ever Fulham players.

Lets hope he retire with us!

SteveM19

Thanks for posting this -- and thank you to Brede for what you do.

Whiteroom

I think he may be my favourite Fulham player ever. I really really hope he retires with us.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 23, 2011, 03:49:50 PM
I think he may be my favourite Fulham player ever. I really really hope he retires with us.

If he retires with us, we should rename the pole that holds up the Hammersmith End roof - Hangeland's Pole, or something similar.