Main Menu

NO 'FULHAM FLYER'

Started by oldgit, June 23, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgit

The club has announced that there will not be a 'flyer' because:-
its too much trouble

LBNo11

...with just one airport, limited ground capacity, very expensive etc., you can understand why the club are not going to charter a flight.

Mind you THE Alex Ferguson would probably have hired a pedallo and got there somehow..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WhiteJC

presumably the players and "staff" are going to fly direct, I can't see them going by Ryan Air!, so why can't the club hire the same size aircraft as they did for the early rounds last time and sell the "cattle class" seats to those who can afford them?

poor show as far as I'm concerned (not that I can afford to go)  :dft001:

...and welcome oldgit

Siggybobby

You should do as us NSÍ Runavík FC fans are about to do. Gather 90 people and then ask for the opportunity to book a flight yourselves from www.atlantic.fo and call them. We are paying £300 Faroe - Gatwick - Faroe

LBNo11

...if Runa Jakobsen is amongst your travelling fans I will have to get a ticket for that!  :004:

Welcome Siggybobby to our forum, I hope the games are entertaining for all. How do you think you will do, and what are the standards of football in terms of the English league..?

Siggybobby

hehe...sorry don´t know that Rúna Jakobsen ;-)

Thx for having me. We just hope we´ll be doing our best. I just wanna see a good, honest perfomance from our boys, then I´m satisfied...no more than 5-6 goals though we hope. We consider ourselves as a non-league team that har drawn Fulham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, so we are just chuffed to bits to get this opportunity :-)

LBNo11

...I understand what you are saying, 14 years ago we were close to becoming a non-league team ourselves, recent years have seen Fulham make a meteoric rise through the leagues. At the start of last season we beat Port Vale 6-0 at Craven Cottage so I hope your goalie has a strong back from bending down :dft012:. Either way I hope you score a goal, I know how much that would mean to you.

Now, about Runa - are you sure you don't know her  :008:

oldgit

Thank you whitejc. that was very kind
I have taken 'siggybobby's advice and emailed Atlantic for prices and availability.
NOW who would like to go?
for how long and how much would you be prepared to pay?
Answers on a postcard or on this board.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: oldgit on June 23, 2011, 07:38:26 PM
Thank you whitejc. that was very kind
I have taken 'siggybobby's advice and emailed Atlantic for prices and availability.
NOW who would like to go?
for how long and how much would you be prepared to pay?
Answers on a postcard or on this board.
I'd pay £350 as long as i got most of the thursday and an overnight stop.

Tina

I'd be interested in a charter flight for approx £350

oldgit

I am sorry to report that I have failed to organise a 'cheap' flight to see our game in the Faro Islands.
Atlantic Airways do not have any spare capacity. But they were very kind and recommended a German airline who had pilots who were allowed to land in this, slightly dangerous, airport.
If 92 people were to take up the offer the cost would be in the region of £760.00 each with the possibility of an increase IF the airplane needed de-icing, the cost of fuel were to go up or the dollar suffered any kind of weakness.
So as the men on the TV said "I'm out"
But if anybody else would like to have a go for now or in the future please do so.
I for one would not like to travel to Belfast in a coach, so the plane would be the better option. As my enquiry was very much a last minute thing I am sure that with a bit more notice a much better deal could have been struck