watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Suggestion for keeper roles

Started by sunburywhite, June 26, 2011, 01:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

As this is the one topic that seems to be at the front of peoples minds.

Assuming we start with the same 2 keepers, I would play Schwarzer in the Europa and give Stockdale a run in the league. If Stockdale is not good enough you still have Schwarzer as a very credible back up.
If he does do well then job done
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

AlFayedsChequebook

Personally, I would just keep Stockdale for the cups and Schwarzer for the league.

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 26, 2011, 01:45:03 PM
Personally, I would just keep Stockdale for the cups and Schwarzer for the league.
[/quote

That makes much more sense to me.more match time for Stockdale to prove himself along with others who adorn the bench.

epsomraver

That's exactly what the Europa will give him.

Burt

As per one of my earlier posts today - Schwarz has got another good season left in him so we should be bringing Stockdale along by giving him first dibs in the Europa League and Carling Cup...

sunburywhite

Schwarzers distribution is about as good as DHL on acid. He puts the team under pressure with poor kicking out, we have to win the ball back after he has had it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

One plus point about replacing MS is that you bring the average age of the team down a year at least if the replacement is mid 20's.

finnster01

David Stockdale is apparently very pleased with the appointment of Martin Jol

He says Jol has promised to bring an extra fully stocked fridge to the cafeteria
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Stockwell #1
Schwarzer enough pitch time to keep him ready if need be: In other words: early Europa rounds, all League Cup rounds, and early FA Cup rounds.

I'm tired of Mark holding the ball for 5-10 seconds and kicking directly to an opponent -- sometimes to one in our half. Stockdale's distribution is hugely superior. With his distance and accuracy, we might even turn defense into attack.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

lamby

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 26, 2011, 04:21:58 PM
Schwarzers distribution is about as good as DHL on acid. He puts the team under pressure with poor kicking out, we have to win the ball back after he has had it

Yeh, but was amazing how much better it was when Zamora was back in the team and he had somebody to kick to. There is only so much you can do when you have the size and power of AJ to kick to.

MJG

last season I had a look at some of the chalkboards that the guardian website do and MS's kicking is almost the same distance every time, while DS's is quite eratic distance wise.  What that says I don't know but from what I saw last year MS is not going to get any better but the question is can David do a better job?

Also I think Mark has that age old fulham keeper problem "its my ball and i'm going to wait till everyone has left the box, got into position and then i'll kick it out".