watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Pullis....

Started by Fernhurst, June 26, 2011, 03:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Gets Sturridge for 6 million as reported.....it would be an absolute steal!!!

Mr Fulham

Although Sturridge is quite overrated, I agree. And I don't want to see decent players who could do a job for us at Stoke.

Burt

Agree, it would be a good bit of business for them.

Ugh.

Fernhurst

I think the lad has a good pedigree and would be an cracking addition to our squad.

Only those "in the know" would be aware of his temperament however.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 26, 2011, 04:52:29 PM
I think the lad has a good pedigree and would be an cracking addition to our squad.

Yes, I agree. But I think he's no Chelsea or Champions League material. But he would be a fantastic signing for a Top10 side like Villa or, I daresay, Fulham.

FatFreddysCat

Wouldn't he have to grow a foot taller to play for them? I wouldn't be against us trying to muscle in on that deal, though the signing of a Barcelona foward who has just won the u21 cup excites me more ( though to be honest i know nothing about him, but he's Barca  :54: ).

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 26, 2011, 07:15:08 PM
Wouldn't he have to grow a foot taller to play for them? I wouldn't be against us trying to muscle in on that deal, though the signing of a Barcelona foward who has just won the u21 cup excites me more ( though to be honest i know nothing about him, but he's Barca  :54: ).
this is a little look at what he can do.
http://youtu.be/F3ptyXP-PMQ

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 26, 2011, 03:23:51 PM
Although Sturridge is quite overrated, I agree. And I don't want to see decent players who could do a job for us at Stoke.

By whom? He just seems to deliver a lot.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on June 26, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 26, 2011, 03:23:51 PM

By whom? He just seems to deliver a lot.

By people who constantly try to talk him into the Chelsea starting lineup.

Not by FoFeners  082.gif

AlFayedsChequebook

I think Sturridge is a top quality player - Chelsea would be mad to get rid of him. He can easily be their 'impact sub off the bench'

If he is available for £6m, we should be in for him because we could sell him in a season's time for £20m after he bags 15+ goals.

If he went to Stoke, I would be devestated.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 26, 2011, 11:50:35 PM
I think Sturridge is a top quality player - Chelsea would be mad to get rid of him. He can easily be their 'impact sub off the bench'

If he is available for £6m, we should be in for him because we could sell him in a season's time for £20m after he bags 15+ goals.

He went to Chelsea a couple of summer's ago because he wanted a weekly wage then that's higher than what we're willing to pay now. PLUS he's English, so he's not going to be a bargain for transfer fee either.

Who cares who Pubis signs?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on June 27, 2011, 02:19:23 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 26, 2011, 11:50:35 PM

He went to Chelsea a couple of summer's ago because he wanted a weekly wage then that's higher than what we're willing to pay now. PLUS he's English, so he's not going to be a bargain for transfer fee either.

Who cares who Pubis signs?

Oh I agree that we should not overpay, but at the touted £6m, he would be an absolute steal.

As for caring who Pulis signs, I just want to see Stoke relegated, plus many on here would not be happy as Sturridge wins it for them in the 90th minute against us next season!

twang

Oh I agree that we should not overpay, but at the touted £6m, he would be an absolute steal.

As for caring who Pulis signs, I just want to see Stoke relegated, plus many on here would not be happy as Sturridge wins it for them in the 90th minute against us next season!

We'd still have to pay his £60k+ wages though.