Main Menu

NFR - Glastonbury - a huge sell out!!

Started by CULTUREVULTURE, June 26, 2011, 06:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: BalDrick on June 27, 2011, 05:16:04 PM
Quote from: leonffc on June 27, 2011, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on June 27, 2011, 08:50:26 AM
i went to Glasto in 99 and again in 09. Completely different in 10 years. A lot more hassle and agro. In 99 we turned up Friday morning and got a camping spot over looking the main stage. In 09 you had to turn up on the Tuesday and stay for a week if you wanted a camping spot.

I went in 97. Got there Thursday night, jumped the fence, partied all night and got my hand stamped to go out and get my tent Friday morning. We got a good spot on a hill over looking the main stage too.
Id like to go back with the kids but it would be hassle. Plus Id have to pay as theyre a bit short for those big fences  :dft010:

See that's another thing I don't really get, going with the kids. Surely far better for the kids, and for you in fact, to go separately, as in different years.

Good point but I like to experience as much as I can with them before they do get older and do their own stuff.

JBH

My mate at work does stewarding there all week and when he is off duty he can't wait to get away from the crap hole, he says its full of pretencious little wannabe hippies and tango tanned girlies out of their heads on dope and Vodka & Red Bull shots  080.gif

HatterDon

Getting a bit serious now, music "festivals" sign the people they sign because they'll bring in paying customers. They may not be YOUR people anymore, but if that's the case, WELCOME TO THE CLUB. Even "jazz festivals," "folk festivals," and blues fests contain artists and groups that shouldn't be allowed anywhere in that brotherhood. But they are there to get people to come out and pay money.

I chuckle a lot when I read posts longing for the punk scene, or the metal bands, because they all seem to me to be last year rather than last decade. Just be patient, there'll be gray-haired punk bands getting on stage with their walkers touring the world in no time. And you'll be watching them next to a 20 year old. You'll think, "Now this is REAL music" while he'll be thinking, "What a load of ancient bollocks this is."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimbobob

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on June 27, 2011, 07:47:19 AM
Quote from: Jimbobob on June 27, 2011, 12:47:08 AM
Please expand on "arch hypocrite Bono"... I want to hear this. :023: :023: :023:
No kidding ...I really do.

You need Eric Cartman to clean out the hippies!!!! :011: :011: :011:

Hippie Infestation

Bono encouraging western governments to write off third world debt whilst at the same time moving his own money offshore to avoid paying his own government tax (which in theory could be used to alleviate the suffering of others) is arch hypocrisy. I am not finding fault with anyone that wants to alleviate third world debt. And I generally don't blame the rich and famous for finding the most advantageous home for their money. But to preach the former whilst carrying out the latter is dispicable.

Outstanding!
Definition of a liberal!
Do what you want with your own money but tell people to do X when you are doing Y!!!
Actually stop telling people that want to keep their own damn money to do anything but what they want with it......
Bastiat quote needs to return. Not that anyone of you actually read it...............
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

alfie

But isn't it good to see bands like Mumford and sons,  and  Noah & the Whale
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on June 27, 2011, 07:55:24 PM
But isn't it good to see bands like Mumford and sons,  and  Noah & the Whale

ah, yes; the thread was about music.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: Jimbobob on June 27, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on June 27, 2011, 07:47:19 AM
Quote from: Jimbobob on June 27, 2011, 12:47:08 AM
Please expand on "arch hypocrite Bono"... I want to hear this. :023: :023: :023:
No kidding ...I really do.

You need Eric Cartman to clean out the hippies!!!! :011: :011: :011:

Hippie Infestation

Bono encouraging western governments to write off third world debt whilst at the same time moving his own money offshore to avoid paying his own government tax (which in theory could be used to alleviate the suffering of others) is arch hypocrisy. I am not finding fault with anyone that wants to alleviate third world debt. And I generally don't blame the rich and famous for finding the most advantageous home for their money. But to preach the former whilst carrying out the latter is dispicable.

Outstanding!
Definition of a liberal!
Do what you want with your own money but tell people to do X when you are doing Y!!!
Actually stop telling people that want to keep their own damn money to do anything but what they want with it......
Bastiat quote needs to return. Not that anyone of you actually read it...............

Err, OK

Jimbobob

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

CULTUREVULTURE