watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Glastonbury - a huge sell out!!

Started by CULTUREVULTURE, June 26, 2011, 06:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CULTUREVULTURE

Talk about emperors new clothes!. Glastonbury is about as Rock and Roll as the Conservative Party Conference. Protestors against arch hypocrite Bono given a rough ride, senior Tories topping themselves in portaloos, Wayne and Colleen flying in to their luxury RV and a bunch of faux hippies wallowing in some mud!

The whole thing is about as horrible as it gets.

Aldo

Sign of the times I'm afraid CV! Just like everything else it used to be about the event and the show, but it is now about the profits!

leonffc

What's the suicide all about?

Nothing like that happened when I was there

FatFreddysCat

Haven't seen the news for a few hours,did he top himself? Were there oranges involved? And honestly if you was going to top yourself, would you do it in an overflowing toilet ? I suspect a few of Al Fayeds secret service enemys  :033:

Fulham_Adam

Beyonce is headlining as well. She's been making god awful music for years and she's headlining Glastonbury- what a joke.
The past is told by those who win.

CULTUREVULTURE

A plastic festival for plastic hippies.

Jimpav

Quote from: Fulham_Adam on June 26, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
Beyonce is headlining as well. She's been making god awful music for years and she's headlining Glastonbury- what a joke.

Better looking than any head liner I've ever seen and a lot more charisma than cold fish or bonehead.

Jimbobob

Please expand on "arch hypocrite Bono"... I want to hear this. :023: :023: :023:
No kidding ...I really do.

You need Eric Cartman to clean out the hippies!!!! :011: :011: :011:

Hippie Infestation
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: Jimbobob on June 27, 2011, 12:47:08 AM
Please expand on "arch hypocrite Bono"... I want to hear this. :023: :023: :023:
No kidding ...I really do.

You need Eric Cartman to clean out the hippies!!!! :011: :011: :011:

Hippie Infestation

Bono encouraging western governments to write off third world debt whilst at the same time moving his own money offshore to avoid paying his own government tax (which in theory could be used to alleviate the suffering of others) is arch hypocrisy. I am not finding fault with anyone that wants to alleviate third world debt. And I generally don't blame the rich and famous for finding the most advantageous home for their money. But to preach the former whilst carrying out the latter is dispicable.

BalDrick

Agree, WTF are people like Beyonce (lovely arse notwithstanding) doing there? (Although kudos to Jessie J - only had it on it for my daughter - for doing a set with her leg in plaster.)

On the bright side, Jah Wobble confused all the popkids and got the old stoners up and shuffling, and Aloe Blacc were perfect for a Glastonbury afternoon. U2 and Coldw**k can eff off and never return AFAIC
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

sipwell

Isn't that the fate of all festivals lately? I used to go to a local Belgian festival (Dranouter) which had folky music ("third world" as they call it in Belgium). You could see great performances by artists you never heard of (an Aussie band with didgeridoo as the only instrument for instance) and you had a great time since the atmosphere was relaxed. Not that many people showed up however (5000 or so) so the festival didn't make a lot of profit. So then they brought in the Nick Cave's of the world and a lot of people would come and buy a one day pass to see Nick Cave. I like his music but at a folk festival he is a bit out of place. The number of visitors rose to 20000 and as a result, the folk musicians have been pushed to a smaller stage and the artists on the main stage are all rock musicians with, at best, an edge.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

King_Crud

i went to Glasto in 99 and again in 09. Completely different in 10 years. A lot more hassle and agro. In 99 we turned up Friday morning and got a camping spot over looking the main stage. In 09 you had to turn up on the Tuesday and stay for a week if you wanted a camping spot.

A lot of music festivals have gone down the pan. THey used to be for people who were in to the music, now they're for people to be seen at so they can put photos on their facebook status.

AlFayedsChequebook

This thread is making many on here sound even older than usual! In my day etc...   092.gif

Glastonbury is as popular as ever, it is difficult to get tickets but the range of music they put on is pretty impressive. If you dont like the headliners there are loads of other bands to go and see on other stages with some great other music.

For me, it is now all about the European festivals - I went to Rototom Sunsplash, a reggae festival in Northern Italia and it was fantastic - no aggro, decent prices (€90 for 10 days + camping!!) and great music. Plus they had proper toilets with 24hr toilet attendants who gave you bogroll.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: Jimpav on June 26, 2011, 10:48:41 PM
Quote from: Fulham_Adam on June 26, 2011, 08:01:54 PM

Better looking than any head liner I've ever seen and a lot more charisma than cold fish or bonehead.

A good point but she's still s**t.
The past is told by those who win.

HatterDon

It is the very plasticity of Glastonbury that keeps The Tim and Bob Show from headlining there.  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on June 27, 2011, 04:17:58 PM
It is the very plasticity of Glastonbury that keeps The Tim and Bob Show from headlining there.  :HD:

chuckles.   <===== WE NEED AN EMOTICON FOR THAT!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

leonffc

Quote from: King_Crud on June 27, 2011, 08:50:26 AM
i went to Glasto in 99 and again in 09. Completely different in 10 years. A lot more hassle and agro. In 99 we turned up Friday morning and got a camping spot over looking the main stage. In 09 you had to turn up on the Tuesday and stay for a week if you wanted a camping spot.

I went in 97. Got there Thursday night, jumped the fence, partied all night and got my hand stamped to go out and get my tent Friday morning. We got a good spot on a hill over looking the main stage too.
Id like to go back with the kids but it would be hassle. Plus Id have to pay as theyre a bit short for those big fences  :dft010:

BalDrick

Quote from: leonffc on June 27, 2011, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on June 27, 2011, 08:50:26 AM

I went in 97. Got there Thursday night, jumped the fence, partied all night and got my hand stamped to go out and get my tent Friday morning. We got a good spot on a hill over looking the main stage too.
Id like to go back with the kids but it would be hassle. Plus Id have to pay as theyre a bit short for those big fences  :dft010:

See that's another thing I don't really get, going with the kids. Surely far better for the kids, and for you in fact, to go separately, as in different years.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town