Name the team by the autographs: Part 1 or a random series

Started by LBNo11, June 26, 2011, 07:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

sipwell

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 27, 2011, 10:44:01 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on June 27, 2011, 10:40:34 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on June 27, 2011, 10:38:52 AM
...well done all, all together now "who put the OF in FOF"...

092.gif

PS: Eq, the Maestro has 'staggered' his signature, the Haynes is just below to the right...

Still can't see it. I think my mince pies are going!

I'm definitely on the verge of signing up to the Old Sod's Army now!  092.gif

Bloody hell Eq - even I can see that and I'm blinder than a bat's bum.

It is quarter to eleven in England. He probably downed his fourth ale by now.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on June 27, 2011, 10:49:11 AM
Who are the two just under Tony Macedo?

I thought that was Bill Dodghin (that you mentioned) and the other I assumed was Brian Sullivan.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

CorkedHat

Quote from: sipwell on June 27, 2011, 10:50:12 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on June 27, 2011, 10:44:01 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on June 27, 2011, 10:40:34 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on June 27, 2011, 10:38:52 AM
...well done all, all together now "who put the OF in FOF"...

092.gif

PS: Eq, the Maestro has 'staggered' his signature, the Haynes is just below to the right...

Still can't see it. I think my mince pies are going!

I'm definitely on the verge of signing up to the Old Sod's Army now!  092.gif

Bloody hell Eq - even I can see that and I'm blinder than a bat's bum.

It is quarter to eleven in England. He probably downed his fourth ale by now.

You know him so well, Mr Sipwell :beer:

Peabody

Course it was Bill Dodgin CH, I have been to bed since then and it was so hot last night, I could'nt sleep. Brian Sullivan, he was the one who everyone thought was going to be the next big thing in football and then he turned his back on the game.

Peabody

The signature at the very top left hand side, is that one of the Hinshelwoods?

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on June 27, 2011, 11:31:09 AM
The signature at the very top left hand side, is that one of the Hinshelwoods?

I think the Hinshelwoods had long flown the coop by then Mr P. Is that signature not that of a former full back Barry Mealand?

Ron Sheepskin

What I find interesting is that you can read most of the names. If I look at the signatures I have on shirts/footballs from the last 3 or 4 years, very few of them are legible as anything other than a random squiggle.

Is this down to an increased demand for players autographs to flog on ebay? Or is it due to marketing departments chaining a player to a desk and not letting them up until they've signed 5000 frisbees? Either way it looks like the trend is for the fastest scribble possible. If you've never watched Bobby signing autographs out of his car window at the player's car park on a match day, then you should. He barely changes down from 3rd gear as he signs.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

LBNo11

...a good point RS, here is the signature of a player in the current squad, there is a clue in that they sign their squad numbers - but without that who the hell would be able to decipher that?

Mind you - in all honesty my signature looks like a spider has dipped its legs in ink and pirroueted across the paper whilst under the influence..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

I think I have them all now except for the one bottom left which is a Rod Someone (not Marsh or McAree), Who is it please?

LBNo11

...CH et al - did we ever have a player named Rod Watson, because that is what the signature look like, I have not hear of him other than there was a player named Watson who played for us 4 times..?

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...yes, I have him on record, but I was trying to make out the bottom left upsided-down signature that CH couldn't read (even though he is  :down_under: ) It looks like Rod but the rest is difficult to decipher - mind you the former player named marsh changed his signature a few times, so it could be him..?

The Equalizer

My first instinct was Rodney Marsh - I think we have a winner there.

Do we have any idea what year this was?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...looking at the squad this would be 1963 - 1964...

CorkedHat

I have changed my mind. You are right - that is Rod Marsh. He was certainly around Fulham at that time