https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

River plate

Started by Fletchino, June 26, 2011, 10:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletchino

Just gone down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Atlético_River_Plate

A riot is taking place in the ground right now 33 league titles and there first relegation in 110 years

FatFreddysCat

I'm sure our Argentinian White (dont that sound great?) FP will give us the full details.

finnster01

That probably means Diego "Lawrie Sanchez" Maradona gets yet another job to sort them out...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

YankeeJim

Is this a trend for "big clubs"? Can we hope that the scum go down? I mean in the league, not each other.   075.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 27, 2011, 12:09:42 AM
Is this a trend for "big clubs"? Can we hope that the scum go down? I mean in the league, not each other.   075.gif

Why not think big, Jim? Why not both?  098.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dancrawford

FP

I really don't know what to say/write. Lork's article is brilliant. I couldn't watch the match because i was traveling to Uruguay but a told my girlfriend (River fan) that it was absolutly imposible that they would go down. 110 years, 33 league titles, 2 Copas Libertadores (South America's cup), 1 intercontinental cup, 14 millon supporters, yes 14 millon!!!!!

They are known as "Millonarios" because they were always the rich team. They just had to win 2-0 against a second division team in their stadium, that stadium (el monumental) where Argentina won the world cup in 1978, and you will see the America's Cup final on July 24th. They couldn't do it. 1-1, they scored 5 minutes into the game, missed a penalty, they had all the chances, they couldn't do it.

How can you explain 3 years of such poor performances for such a big/huge club? They had the top gate of the last years, they had the most corrupt administrations, that's the only way you can explain it. But that's a way of life here (not only in football).

As for me, i'm enjoying sooooo much!!!!  :yay: (don't tell my girlfriend, my mother, my sister, my aunt, my father-in-law, my whole family is River Plate)

After the match of course, hooliganism. You can read here the details http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/71259/river-plate-hooligans-angry-fans-clash-with-police-outside-stadium-after-teams-defeat, very sad, but we're used to that to around here.

FP

Quote from: finnster01 on June 26, 2011, 10:47:41 PM
That probably means Diego "Lawrie Sanchez" Maradona gets yet another job to sort them out...

Maradona is Boca Juniors fan (River's archrival). He must be enjoying big time in Dubai where he is going to be paid 34 millon dolars for a 2 years contract. Unbelievable,

finnster01

Quote from: FP on June 27, 2011, 03:57:53 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on June 26, 2011, 10:47:41 PM

Maradona is Boca Juniors fan (River's archrival). He must be enjoying big time in Dubai where he is going to be paid 34 millon dolars for a 2 years contract. Unbelievable,

Mr FP,
Thanks for sorting out my bad knowledge of Argentinian football. That's a bit like confusing Man Utd with Liverpool...  090.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead