watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New song idea for Fulham based on "Let It Be"

Started by Hammer Smith, June 28, 2011, 10:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer Smith

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm as I think it could work really well. I posted this on TIFF under my Hammer Smith name (boring aside: which it said was taken when I tried to retain this on FoF) and someone said in reply that FFC Sweden had tried to get this going once before at Fulham?!? Maybe it got lost in translation eh? ...by all two of them! Apart from this post there was a generally enthusiastic response on that site as well - which is unusual - for any post!

I don't care how original it is but I think it's worth giving it a go and as far as our song repertoire goes it is more unique than anything I have heard generated at Fulham - and I've been going since 1974!

HatterDon

Quote from: Perry on June 28, 2011, 04:51:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm as I think it could work really well. I posted this on TIFF under my Hammer Smith name (boring aside:) - which it said was taken when I tried to retain this on FoF - and someone said in reply that FFC Sweden had tried to get this going once before at Fulham?!? Maybe it got lost in translation eh? ...by all two of them! Apart from this post there was a generally enthusiastic response on that site as well - which is unusual - for any post!

i don't care how original it is but I think it's worth giving it a go and as far as our song repertoire goes it is more unique than anything I have heard generated at Fulham - and I've been going since 1974!

I love it. It should be one of those scarf-displaying anthems.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Superb stuff, i really hope it catches on  :54:

LBNo11

...seeing as we discussed our favourite Beatles song recently, and we play Liddlepool on Monday, let's see if we can kick this one off..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ImperialWhite

We almost got this one going before, I seem to recall?

Would love it to become a regular.

:bump:

Burt

Given its Scouse origins, is Mr Finnster on board with this?

:dft008:

MrFantastic

Why do fans in England have short songs with same words in them, look at Turkish, Greek even French and German supporters they have some great songs that are long and some are short but really great, I always love to watch Marsellie play only because their fans and that one song that I don't understand but it sounds great. There you get almost entire stadium sing same song or one stand starts a song and the other stand finishes it and something like that. I think English fans should do this more, but maybe in England people have different tradition of supporting clubs but it looks great when entire stadium sings same songs to a beat of a drum and things like that.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on December 04, 2011, 06:13:36 PM
Given its Scouse origins, is Mr Finnster on board with this?

:dft008:

With all respects to Finn, he, like myself and many others on here are unable to attend games with any regularity or frequency, so our opinions on singing it at games really don't matter too much - unless of course you can change history and actually get the faithful to sing loud enough at the cottage to be heard via the TV!!!

Sounds good though, look forward to hearing Jim making his comments.

mattiesafer

When team's in times of trouble Chairman Mo will rescue me,
there will be a transfer, FFC...

GoldCoastWhite

Clint will be the answer, Clint Dempsey ?

or perhaps "Mouss will be the answer, Dembele?"

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Hammer Smith

The trouble is that I have been going since the mid 70s and Fulham's singers at the back of the Hammersmith End prefer to copy other Clubs rather than come up with their own songs. It's a shame but true. What we do at our best when being original is ironic mini chants and retorts etc. using existing tunes and changing the words. Some of these are very funny, others a just a bit rubbish. These days a lot of the younger ones who - fair dues - lead the singing are also the least imaginative and sadly often the least intelligent part of our fan base.

I tried to get "Let it Be" or rather "FFC" going the week after I suggested it but it didn't get very far as people around me don't tend to initiate songs. Still, there couldn't be a better time than tonight against the scousers to have a go so why not give it a try, provided you're in a rare part of the ground where there are actually one or two other singers sat around you.

Anyway, COYW!

LBNo11

Quote from: mattiesafer on December 05, 2011, 03:45:40 AM
When team's in times of trouble Chairman Mo will rescue me,
there will be a transfer, FFC...

... 064.gif :Haynes The Maestro:

Hammer Smith, the problem lies in the fact that over the years all the old singers have become spread around the ground and some are reticent about expressing themselves above a murmur.

Hopefully with enough exposure on here a few pockets could conjoin the mass(?) of singers into one large rendition. It would sound really good if that were the case - and we really have to get behind whoever wears the White tonight...

Hammer Smith

Yes, worth another try LBNo11. Let's go for it!

LBNo11

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on June 28, 2011, 03:27:49 PM
You guys AIN'T lyricists.

None of those suggestions, except the first, scans with the song.

Why don't y'all try variations on "Why Don't We Do It In the Road?"

I have heard, last Thursday, Fulham fans sing "Mighty whites, black and white army" which sounded to me like "Martin Jol is better than me". In effect, what they sing is "Mighty whites, blawht army". So, they don't need to count syllables. They just swallow 70 % of them!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Hammer Smith on June 28, 2011, 03:54:23 PM
Maybe we could invite Paul McCartney to help us out with the other verses although I wouldn't be surprised if he would then nick our song and give it to the Scousers! Still, I doubt John will be of any use.

No No No Way.. Paul McCartney would just jump up next to the statue and we'll end up with Ebony & Ivory.. Actually, that might work come to think about it  :005: