watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Linked With £4m Move For Craig Bellamy

Started by White Noise, July 01, 2011, 10:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://footybunker.com/bolton-and-fulham-lead-chase-for-manchester-city-winger-bellamy/5149

Bolton and Fulham lead chase for Manchester City winger Bellamy

By Charlie Baker

Bolton Wanderers and Fulham FC are leading the chase for Manchester City winger Craig Bellamy who could cost either club around £4m.

Bellamy spent the whole of last season on loan with Cardiff City, helping them to play-off place only to be undone by Reading at the semi-final stage. The 31 year old is keen to rejoin the Welsh side however it is unclear whether they are in a position to be able to purchase him permanently.

Bolton and Fulham are both in need of attacking forwards and at £4m Bellamy is a player both Martin Jol and Owen Coyle would like to bring to their respective clubs. There have been suggestions that Manchester City could offload the Welshman to Bolton in exchange for Gary Cahill on top of a cash payment although sources have denied that is Bolton's intention, preferring instead to sell Cahill for £17m and simply paying close to Manchester City's valuation for Bellamy.

Burt

Could do worse.

Not exactly bringing the average age of the squad down though!

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

zzamora

clintclintdeuce

He could do wonders for us, especially in Europe... Oh we need to rest Bobby and Dembele... oh ok lets start Bellamy and AJ against Rennes or Anderlect. Got a feeling Jols going to build quite a competitor.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 01, 2011, 10:33:10 PM
He could do wonders for us, especially in Europe... Oh we need to rest Bobby and Dembele... oh ok lets start Bellamy and AJ against Rennes or Anderlect. Got a feeling Jols going to build quite a competitor.
He couldn't do wonders for Cardiff in the chumpionship, a year older, a few injuries more, a very heavy wage (not coming out o0f my pocket, but still). Plus he's Welsh  :046: I know NO Good and Owen will love that last bit  :015:

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 01, 2011, 10:57:45 PM
He couldn't do wonders for Cardiff in the chumpionship, a year older, a few injuries more, a very heavy wage (not coming out o0f my pocket, but still). Plus he's Welsh  :046: I know NO Good and Owen will love that last bit  :015:

11 goals in 35 matches. Surely thats not horrible.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 01, 2011, 11:06:57 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 01, 2011, 10:57:45 PM

11 goals in 35 matches. Surely thats not horrible.
Kevin Nolan  midfieder for a crap Newcastle side got 12/ 13 in the Premiership and on less than half of Bellamys wages.

ron

Mr Fulham

He would add that extra bit of "bite" to our squad which we lacked, especially agains big clubs. We were often at the same level, v Liverpool away, v Chelsea at home, v Chelsea away, etc. - but we didn't win it or didn't get points. I really think Bellamy could do a job for us - I don't care about his age, because he always runs his heart out - no matter if he's 20 or 33. He's a real worker, but unfortunately he has a clause in his contract which restricts him to loan moves to the Championship. And to buy him out of his City contract could prove to be difficult. Would love him at Fulham though.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 01, 2011, 11:10:19 PM
Kevin Nolan  midfieder for a crap Newcastle side got 12/ 13 in the Premiership and on less than half of Bellamys wages.

Apples and bananas, Freddy.

Cardiff City isn't Newcastle. Bellamy played with weaker players in a weaker side and all that. :beer:

HatterDon

He's a certifiable loon and a cancer in the clubhouse.

Pass
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 01, 2011, 11:29:21 PM
He's a certifiable loon and a cancer in the clubhouse.

Pass

...and the world has no colours, only black for bad and white for good.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 01, 2011, 11:28:31 PM
Kevin Nolan  midfieder for a crap Newcastle side got 12/ 13 in the Premiership and on less than half of Bellamys wages.

Cardiff City isn't Newcastle. Bellamy played with weaker players in a weaker side and all that. :beer:

and against weaker opposition, which was a point I believe the distinguished gentleman from Northolt was trying to make.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 01, 2011, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 01, 2011, 11:28:31 PM
Kevin Nolan  midfieder for a crap Newcastle side got 12/ 13 in the Premiership and on less than half of Bellamys wages.

and against weaker opposition, which I believe the distinguished gentleman from Northolt was trying to make.

Ah yeah, I thought Fred was talking about Nolan's championship season, sorry about that.

But there's absolutely no way that Nolan was on less than half of Bellamy's wages. Newcastle's wage system is (and always was) ridiculous.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

os5889

My understanding is he's not a cancer just too professional for his own good. By that I mean liable to get annoyed at those perceived as slackers.

Funny how the media cast people as heroes or villains...

Unsurprisingly this hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the mainstream. http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/

epsomraver

Haven't we had our fill of welshman for the time being? Simon excluded.

Burt

Where's Nogoodboyo when a Welsh insight is required?