watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Ngog linked

Started by NorthernWhite, July 04, 2011, 10:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

We're being linked along with Villa in the French press.

He's had a tough time at Liverpool. Big things were expected and it never quite worked out for him and he never had a long run in the team. Roy was starting him at the beginning of last season and he'd started to score goals and and look good and then he was dropped as soon as Torres was fit.

6'3" so a good height for a striker/CF. The fee quoted though was 5.5 million Euro's which seems a lot.

AlFayedsChequebook

I think he is a decent player, but only for the right fee.

The problem with Liverpool now is similar to dealing with Spurs - they think that they can sell of uneeded players at top dollar because there will always be someone interested - unfortunately, they are generally right.

finnster01

This better not be true.

I never rated him at all.  :046:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgment but not making it at Liverpool doesn't mean that he wouldn't be ideal for us.

Konchesky was a perfectly good left back for us but looked awful under the pressure of pleasing the greatest supporters in the world.

Identifying talent is what we employ a manager and extensive network of scouts for and if their conclusion is that Ngog is right for us then I'll back that judgment unless and until it's proved to be wrong.

ImperialWhite

He's young (22) which is a big plus for me.

But if Sunderland can't afford him, presumably we can't either.

Burt

ffc_since1879

Quote from: finnster01 on July 04, 2011, 11:30:13 AM
This better not be true.

Seconded! Would be a waste of money. We already have better players at the club.

HatterDon

I remember getting to the pub to watch a Fulham Europa League match and Liverpool were playing in the time slot before us. When Ngog scored in the last few minutes, I said, "Hey, Matt. Looks like he can score against non-Prem teams at least."

Pacy and sly, but subject to long slumps. As I've said before, I hate the fact that we're always linked with players who couldn't cut it in the Prem with "big clubs."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SWwhite

Quote from: ffc_since1879 on July 04, 2011, 12:39:07 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on July 04, 2011, 11:30:13 AM
This better not be true.

Seconded! Would be a waste of money. We already have better players at the club.
This guy is absolutely AWFUL.
His nickname is N'Goals.  Why would we buy someone who's scored (i think) 1 goal in the league last year??
Being speculated with these types of player makes me mad   :035: :035:

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on July 04, 2011, 01:05:30 PM
I remember getting to the pub to watch a Fulham Europa League match and Liverpool were playing in the time slot before us. When Ngog scored in the last few minutes, I said, "Hey, Matt. Looks like he can score against non-Prem teams at least."

Pacy and sly, but subject to long slumps. As I've said before, I hate the fact that we're always linked with players who couldn't cut it in the Prem with "big clubs."

well we arent going to buy the ones who did make it at big clubs, are we?
FTID

os5889

Quote from: NorthernWhite on July 04, 2011, 10:11:22 AM
We're being linked along with Villa in the French press.

He's had a tough time at Liverpool. Big things were expected and it never quite worked out for him and he never had a long run in the team. Roy was starting him at the beginning of last season and he'd started to score goals and and look good and then he was dropped as soon as Torres was fit.

6'3" so a good height for a striker/CF. The fee quoted though was 5.5 million Euro's which seems a lot.

Prefer David Villa for £5.5m, not fussed with Ricky or Emmanuel Villa.  :yay:

Aldo

To be fair we seem to be very good at turning around struggling players. just look at BZ, Sidders, Danny, etc.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Aldo on July 04, 2011, 08:15:36 PM

To be fair we seem to be very good at turning around struggling players. just look at BZ, Sidders, Danny, etc.

EXACTLY!!!

nevzter

Nonplussed with his association, but as stated above, a dose of Fulham's magic is possibly all this fella requires...

...and then monkeys might fly out of my butt.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Matt

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 05, 2011, 11:01:38 PM
Quote from: Aldo on July 04, 2011, 08:15:36 PM

EXACTLY!!!
:drums:
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!