watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U17 World Cup

Started by Mr_Moon, July 04, 2011, 10:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Moon

Anyone else been watching this? I knew about the European sides participating (England, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark) but knew nothing of the other sides. I tell you what, there aren't some half bad players in there! Chelsea have even signed one of the Brazilians for £6m before the tournament began.

We're losing 3-0 to Germany at the moment in the knockout rounds. Really peeved off that I missed the Japan vs Brazil match as those two teams have entertained me the most. Twas the crunch match.

Edited- It's all on Eurosport

Mr_Moon

CaliforniaFFC

3-2 final score. Germans got 2 lucky goals early and then a good one just after the break. England fought back - one from the spot and a close range tap in.

Thought our boys looked good individually and athletically but they had the two class players in Yezil and Can. Attacking third was our problem. Not enough quick movement and combination play in that area, not enough bodies forward and too much dribbling through the middle.

Overall good signs for the future. Germany also had won first 4 games scoring 18 and conceding only 1. (Beat US 4-0 in round of 16)

finnster01

So we are crap again. Just wait until the coaches destroys what little English talent that is left.

Can't even win in dominoes.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr_Moon

Quote from: finnster01 on July 04, 2011, 11:38:27 PM
So we are crap again. Just wait until the coaches destroys what little English talent that is left.

Can't even win in dominoes.

The problem with dominoes is that there isn't a unified World Championship so there are lots of different 'World' rankings.