watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Womens World Cup Final groups stage matches

Started by HatterDon, July 06, 2011, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

I can only agree with those other comments on here ... heartfelt congrats to the Japanese on their wonderful win. In the opening 5 minutes it looked like it would be a western slaughter, but missed chances and a great fight back - twice - by the easterners, and it went to pens.

Commiserations to the US ladies, but you'll be back in 4 years, and this defeat will not topple you from being considered (and rightly so) the overall best womens team in the world.

timmyg

Anybody see the Japanese squad right before the PK's? They were all in a big circle, smiling and hugging one another.

And then the manager does something extraordinary considering the circumstances: he hunches over and places he hands on his lap as if it play paddy-cake. He looks at each player in the eye, smiles, and starts clapping. Surreal.

(If anyone can find the photo/cue the video I would be extremely grateful)

At that moment I knew there was no way the Japanese were going to lose.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

SoCalJoe

Quote from: timmyg on July 18, 2011, 04:11:20 PM
Anybody see the Japanese squad right before the PK's? They were all in a big circle, smiling and hugging one another.

And then the manager does something extraordinary considering the circumstances: he hunches over and places he hands on his lap as if it play paddy-cake. He looks at each player in the eye, smiles, and starts clapping. Surreal.

(If anyone can find the photo/cue the video I would be extremely grateful)

At that moment I knew there was no way the Japanese were going to lose.

Did see it, and while I thought Japan was already destined to win it, that was the icing on the cake.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

HatterDon

I think it was all over on the first kick. The goalie moved to her left and only an amazing flick with her right leg stopped the ball from going in high and down the middle. The fact that she was able to make that save sucked a whole bunch of air out of the US team and made the Japanese players feel invincible. The American girls didn't miss at all against Brazil, but two of them missed the entire frame against the Japanese. This, I believe, is the results of that first, insane, save.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ag

I thought it was over when Heath was subbed on.  End game tactics were all wrong.

sipwell

Must say that all goals scored were absolutely cracking. What great finishes!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!